Google Android OS

manaox2

Traded in the Epic for the Nexus S today. The Nexus S is pure google awesome. One thing I would like to do is install Swype on it. Is there any (security) risk to doing this?

Nope, Brent may still have a beta invite for swype if you ask, no promises. As long as you can spell, Swype is the best keyboard replacement I've found. Jealous of the Nexus S owners.

Nope, Brent may still have a beta invite for swype if you ask, no promises. As long as you can spell, Swype is the best keyboard replacement I've found. Jealous of the Nexus S owners.

No guarantees, but I never used mine. It MAY be associated with the e-mail address. If so, just sign up and wait, but I'll see if I can dig around to invite someone, but haven't seen it so far.

Shelly, check your PM in a minute.

**BRENT**

By the way, I am an idiot. I took the Epic back to the store without wiping it clean. :palm: The guy at the store said don't worry it will be wiped clean... and I stupidly trusted him at that moment. Now I wish I would have asked for it back to erase everything myself. Sigh. I don't think there is much I can do about it now. Don't think I had many passwords stored. I use 1password which asks for a master password and deleted that program before returning it. Also, I changed my google dropbox and bank passwords for good measure. Anything else you can think of doing?

Call up the store and see if they have the phone still. If they do, just social engineer your way into you seeing it again to wipe.

I'm sure it happens quite a bit. Did you have a passcode or unlock "drawing" set up? If so, I'm sure they will wipe it without the possibility of even seeing anything of yours.

I'd recommend setting up an unlock pattern for your phones. I can't stand the thought of someone getting into mine.

**BRENT**

No unlock drawing/code unfortunately, it was a bit annoying to have on but I guess I will need to do that in the future. I cannot believe what an idiot I was. How will they know if my phone is still there or which one is my phone?

Edited by shellylh

No unlock drawing/code unfortunately, it was a bit annoying to have on but I guess I will need to do that in the future. I cannot believe what an idiot I was. How will they know if my phone is still there or which one is my phone?

Usually when you have had a phone activated on your line, they have a record of the ESN (hardware phone ID). It can be used to report a phone stolen, etc., but that should be able to identify it.

Can you even watch full movie on battery power?

I installed Skype on the Nexus S and it works well. Should I be worried about passwords or other important information being saved in some giant Swype dictionary or being at risk? I guess I can just use Swype for everything but important stuff.

Edited by shellylh

I'll try that later, for some reason even with "Unknown Sources" checked I can't direct download either of those to my phone.

And yes, I'm still rooted and running Liberty. From what I read Moto pushed by the official Ginger update at least two weeks so there's no reason to un-root and be stuck with the awful stock OS again.

[edit] Just downloaded it via laptop, dragged it onto the phone and shazzam, Netflix.

I'll try that later, for some reason even with "Unknown Sources" checked I can't direct download either of those to my phone.

And yes, I'm still rooted and running Liberty. From what I read Moto pushed by the official Ginger update at least two weeks so there's no reason to un-root and be stuck with the awful stock OS again.

[edit] Just downloaded it via laptop, dragged it onto the phone and shazzam, Netflix.

Awesome, Nate. Shall I recommend "ThanksKilling" as your inaugural viewing? ;)

**BRENT**