Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dinner crowd left for burgers but Jim, JP and I stayed behind to keep the tubes warmed up and listen a little. OK, mostly we are drinking and still feeling full from the incredible amount of Cuban food we had for lunch. I have been listening to the LCD2 with Shelly's GS-1 and Gene's Schitt Valhalla. It worked on the latter but not the former for me. Also tried the HD800 on the Schitt and Ari's little taro coupled amp with less than 1 gain. It wasn't bad on the Schitt but seemed to lack some body. The Ari amp can power them to a low volume pretty well but with the volume at max.

Well that is very interesting, especially since the Valhalla has a very accessible price. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Sure sounds like everyone is having a blast.

Differing opinions on the LCD2-GS1 combo. I'm with Vicki (over for instance the LCD2-Extreme Plat and any tube combo I tried), but would be great to hear the Valhalla someday.

I think Craig slightly preferred the HD800-BA and LCD2-Hybrid/Zana, but I could have gotten the BA and Zana reversed.