Beyerdynamic T5p

Dusty Chalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it pretty hilarious though that everyone is saying it should be $900. If the cups were wood, that would be out of the window. Lesson to Beyer - never underestimate the dumbness of your buyers.

I find it hilarious Beyer did absolutely no innovative thinking at all in designing the T1 (moar stronger magnets lulz) and it is worth about $250 in terms of sound quality. Less if you factor in the fact that you can buy a vintage Lambda/Pro for that price.

I find it hilarious Beyer did absolutely no innovative thinking at all in designing the T1 (moar stronger magnets lulz) and it is worth about $250 in terms of sound quality. Less if you factor in the fact that you can buy a vintage Lambda/Pro for that price.

250.00 worth of SQ? I'd say they're better than that. Can't speak to their lack of innovation -- certainly the enclosure seems identical to the 880 with a bit of fancy mesh -- or whether or not their pricing is cynical in this marketplace. But I see nothing wrong with evolving a design if it's warranted. And the T1s are very good all-rounders I think.

k

• 4 weeks later...

Interests

Collecting too many mediocre-sounding headphones

So yeah, why not collect fairly decent headphones like the T1?

Wonder who's the dickhead - someone who gives everything a fair shake, or someone who, well, compares stuff in meets.

If we were talking about sources/amps you might have something resembling a point, but saying even headphone impressions at meets are completely worthless just because somebody disagreed with you, well... :tmonk:

This coming from the same idiot who got Beats to look socially acceptable, ie like a jagbag, and who doesn't have hearing worth shit. Gtfo troll.

ohsnap.gif

• 2 weeks later...