What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

the vintage really depends on the terroir and the grape. i'd rather drink a 2005 St. Emilion than a 2004 (though the 2004 is good).
Right, but that requires familiarity with both vintages. If someone were to pipe up with familiarity with both vintages, that would overrule my advice. My advice is merely of the "in lieu of actual knowledge" variety. It's like those test questions:

a.

b.

c.

d.

The answer (at the time I was told) is b., because b. is the most common answer in a multiple choice type test. If there was an actual question, with actual answers, and you knew the answer, that would of course over-ride the b. rule.

At this point I'd just like to say thanks to whoever told me a while back to try Bluecoat gin, because it's quite nice, and was conveniently one of the least expensive gins in the store at $24 for a 750.

Polished off the Tor Chardonnay as the sun was setting then opened up a 2007 LaJota Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. It is drinking nice but not as well as some other 2007 Cabs I have had in the last year. A little too tightly wound and slow out of the gate at this point but should open up and round out the rough edges in a few hours.