What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Earlier: DFH Aprihop and a wee dram of Hudson Manhattan Rye. I'll have to give it another chance but the rye was too sweet for my taste. Guess it'll be one that I save for guest or mix into drinks. I do think the bottle is pretty cute though.

xmsqB.jpg

is there a recipe, or do you just dump the stuff in until it looks right?

I have been following up on Al's aquavit cocktail recipes. The smoke and mirrors is 1 1/4 oz of Aquavit and Campari and 3/4 oz Cynar. The Norwegian Wood is 1 oz Aquavit and Applejack, 3/4 oz Italian vermouth and 1/4 oz Yellow Chartreuse. The Rosalind Russell is 2 oz aquavit and 1 oz Dubonnet Blanc. My measuring ability steadily decreases as the night wears on so in reality the latter method is what actually occurs.

Had a great dinner and a bottle of Clio Bodegas El Nido Clio Jumilla

Mourvedre Blend 2008. Went very well with the double cut pork chop, now this is a great fruit forward Spanish red perfect for Mike's BBQing.

Edited by Augsburger

Wow the Willett was surprisingly tasty. Of course I was three sheets to the wind by that time. Must sample again with greater sobriety.

Now a pair of Rosalind Russells, one with Cocchi Americano and one with Lillet Blanc.

IMG_0194.jpg

News at 11.