HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012

Absorbine_Sr

Amazing season end.

I couldn't believe the race start with all the take overs, Fernando hitting 4th, Hulkenberg's performance... Then when Vettel took his hit but kept racing, amazing luck. Poor Hamilton, took the worst part, he deserved a better outcome of this last race.

I don't think Ferrari is in condition to produce a car which is competitive against Red Bull and McLaren yet. They need a true genius to make better than Newey . I'm afraid they have troubles beyond the wind tunnel. And Fernando isn't getting any younger. We'll see, it's going to be a long wait grin.gif

I still think Alonso was the star of the season. Vettel always had the superior car, except for reliability issues mid season. So I was not surprised he came from last to almost win in Abu Dhabi. He's a good driver, but put him in Alonso's Ferrari this year and I don't think he would have finished 3 points behind Fernando.

And let's not forget, this would have been a different championship if Alonso's lead had not been erased thanks to ham fisted drivers like Grosjean at Spa. This was a tremendous season and I'm already waiting for 2013 to begin.

• 3 months later...