HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012

Absorbine_Sr

Starting the thread to see who is interested in getting together in Austin in November 2012 for the US Grand Prix Formula One race/Head-Case brouhaha. Race interest or enthusiasm is not required, as a Head-Case family get together is an event unto itself. luvdunhill has mentioned he has room for some people to crash at his house. I'll let him chime in with the details. I'm calling dibs on two spots there for Debbie and I. In trade, if he is interested I will buy his race ticket. And if not I'll compensate some other way.

So, who's interested?

Always liked Jensen. I just wonder if he's too nice a guy sometimes!

I think this years rookies could be the big story of the season. I don't know what they're feeding those guys, but if it does represent an improvement in the training that they've gotten on their way up, it may be that we won't see veterans like Rubins (without a championship) still getting a ride year after year.

Anyway, I'll have to see how my finances are after the beginning of the year before I can commit but I'd certainly love to be in Austin in 2012!

It was until 2008, in 2007 they raced there IIRC. That interests me, they had there the MotoGP races last week. How is Austin circuit?

Correct. Bernie wanted too much money up front so Indy lost its F1 slot.

Right now, the Austin circuit is pretty much graded dirt. It's another Hermann Tilke design, so it has the potential to be crap, but we'll hope for the best. I think the move to November was an effort to avoid the June heat in Texas as well as giving the circuit plenty of time to get finished.

With all that said, it is an F1 race in the US, so it will be an awesome thing.

I was planning on going...was a season ticket holder when the race was here...glad they incorporated elevation changes into the Austin circuit...I think that was something Indy was lacking that could've made all the difference...

I need to find out what the best places to sit are before I try to get tix...& I can't say with any degree of certainty that I'll be able to take the time off...

I'll watch this thread with interest:)...

Interested in HC fun but no inherent Formula One interest. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Mike!

Ditto. I'd be much more interested in a field trip to Lockhart.

Is F1 going next year to Austin and not to Indianapolis? In what fucking cave do I live? facepalm.png Anyway, it's very unlikely I can make it, but my father in law might tongue.png

Antonio, if you can't make it, why not send your wife? I'm sure that she'll have a good time. grin.gif

Edited by guzziguy