Everything posted by blessingx
-
Happy Birthday jp11801!
I think it's still the same day back there. HBD!
-
November 17, 2007 East Bay SOTA Meet Impressions
Keep the comments coming. Granodemost, mind if I ask what setup you heard the Ed.9 with that blew?
-
Rank Your Headphones
GS1000 Edition 9 HD580 ER4S HD595 A900 LiveWires T1 KSC75 HD25-1 II Steelsound 5H
-
To all new members
When it doubt take The Hoff test. Stare at the below image for ten repetitions, then ask yourself if you still want to post.
-
Switchcraft or Neutrik for the 1/4" plugs?
Is there a general preference?
-
Transporter v. Squeezebox 3 w/ DA10?
Discount would be $500. So it would basically be $1500 v. $1300 for the combo.... which I already have. If I sold the SB3/DA10, probably $400-500 to "upgrade". jp11801 thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I leave on vacation Sunday so won't be around.
-
Transporter v. Squeezebox 3 w/ DA10?
Anyone have any thoughts on this battle? Have the opportunity to pick up a Transporter discounted, but curious if others have compared?
-
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' may be offensive to women
Maybe 'ho' means something even worse in Australia? Like goat-licker? Or maybe it's just Santas gasping of breath with the sun beating down on them in Summer?
-
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' may be offensive to women
Next they're going to recommend against saying 'baaaaaad.' baaaaaad .
-
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' may be offensive to women
Do you think just non-whores are potentially offended?
-
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' may be offensive to women
Nice!
-
Head-Fi Update on Facebook
Justin I just emailed you page 19. Still trying for 2.
-
Head-Fi Update on Facebook
As others have said, use Google cache to get any info you need before it possibly disappears. This includes the entire Pico'>www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D261440+pico+head-fi&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us]Pico thread. Also it looks like the Wayback Machine may have gotten some of the site.
-
Georgia Rain Dancing
60% chance of rain and "lightning likely." Seems a mixed message.
-
Balanced advantages with Ed.9?
Yeah, sorry to disappoint. At a substantially reduced cost, I picked them up after spending time with a couple pairs and owning other Ultrasones. While I prefer the GS1K for most situations, there isn't another closed can I prefer sub-$1K. Apologies AT fans. I agree though they can sound flat with a lot of gear. The recent San Jose meet showed that. So maybe there aren't enough members here to have one who liked the Ed.9 enough to consider balancing. Last call?
-
Medical Miracle
Ugh. Why did this have to be the next link I clicked?
- Medical Miracle
-
arrrrrgggh
Same problem with Safari 3 here yesterday (no CSS load and cookie break), though later on the Touchs "mobile" Safari it was fine.
-
Georgia Rain Dancing
So Georgia is having a drought and the governor decided the best fix is going 'old school.' We taking bets on this working in 2007? Anyone know how Alabama spinned the continuing drought?
-
woo audio with grados?
Do we know which Grados? I think the GS1Ks sound very nice with the WA6. Seems with the right tubes it works with the GS1Ks midrange issues. Actually my only problem with the WA6 (with any rectifier) is its rather closed sounding which doesn't help with the Senns. As for the WA5, I haven't heard a phone (including the K1K) sound less than great with it.
-
Balanced advantages with Ed.9?
Anyone balance their Edition 9s and if so any comments on the change from SE? My balanced experience is pretty limited to the Senn line where there is a decent change.
-
writers strike, good or bad?
Nobody gets fucked in Hollywood as bad as the writers. If I remember correctly, Charles Bukowski got 1/80th the pay of Mickey Rourke for writing a film about his own life of which Rourke starred.
-
writers strike, good or bad?
Hollywood is responsible of plenty of great work in its history. It's hard to ignore the other 94% though.
-
Cyber-Neologoliferation & Origins of Headcase
The O.E.D. is a historical dictionary, providing citations meant to show the evolution of every word, beginning with the earliest known usage. So a key task, and a popular sport for thousands of volunteer word aficionados, is antedating: finding earlier citations than those already known. This used to be painstakingly slow and chancy. When Paton started in new words, she found herself struggling with headcase. She had current citations, but she says she felt sure it must be older, and books were of little use. She wandered around the office muttering headcase, headcase, headcase... See here. [NYTimes]
-
Eddie Current / Laconic Lunch Box has landed!
Not sure. I got serial EA-007 this weekend. Others have serials beginning with A-xxx and the photo on the site seems to be another series.