Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
- Arlington, VA Meet
-
2009 HC Holiday Gift Exchange
I have mixed feelings on the subject, so I'll let the community decide. Pro: I, too, would like to be introduced to random/unheard/whatever music; Con: I have a very large music collection, so the practical side of me says that whoever is buying from me should probably check for duplicates. As a compromise, I offer the following suggestion: Give a list of potential items, let the recipient veto whatever they feel like. It's up to the honor of the recipient not to do too much research if they want to be surprised...or not...(that doesn't need to be a community decision, pairs can do it however they like)... You can give me Genetic, I think I know his tastes well enough... :evil: Also, why don't you give it one more day, and PM people who might be interested, but may not check the board as frequently as last year (such as Luminette).
-
Arlington, VA Meet
I think he meant the meet.
-
slow forum
See picture. Amazon.com: Invicta Lupah Grand Metalic 2446 (Men's Watch) : Swiss Made ETA 1/60 Split Second Chronograph: Invicta: Watches
- Your recent music purchases
- Audeze LCD-2
- What did you do today?
-
40-42" LCD TV Shopping Advice
Are you in Europe? That sounds like PAL or SECAM. Over here, it is recommended to go from 60 Hz to 120 Hz or 240 Hz because it's an even multiple of 24 fps, so the maths are easier. Going from 50 Hz to 100 Hz doesn't make the maths any easier (because it's still based on 24 fps), so you lose that. It could still theoretically be good, but you really need to go into a store and see for yourself. Look for a scene where they pan side to side. If you can't tell the difference on the material that they're showing you, then I wouldn't get it. They're probably not showing it to you for a reason ("most people can't tell the difference" being my guess).
-
Top Gear
Billy posted in the slow forum that the guy runs a high-end car cleanup service, and that it was a stunt. The fact that -- at 2 feet of water -- it was a safe way to get it wet without hurting anything else reinforces this opinion. On the other hand, I'd like to see if there's any rust after a couple years, so if there isn't, then his service might just be worthwhile.
-
NY Fall Meet
Thanks for all the impressions, guys! Moar of you should go listen to the orthodynamics. That would be Epica. (I kinda doubt it was Neko Case, but Colin can correct me if I'm wrong.)
-
Audeze LCD-2
So mini 4-pin, or dual mini 3-pins? (I.E. single entry or dual entry?)
-
Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Yes it is; elephas has "restless tuberoller syndrome".
-
Kitty Talk
I wish I could lick my nose like that.
-
JH Audio stuffs
Why would fantastic sound not be for anyone?
-
ipod speakers
Or you could just google for them.
-
Speaker Porn
That actually is pretty cool -- especially since it introduced me to the concept of an acoustically transparent screen -- I was told there is no such thing. And: in-wall speakers can sound extremely good if done well. "Infinite baffle" etc.
- Post what you're watching
-
(Two) pictures worth 1,000 words.
Huzzah. Source? (Yes, I will go off and google the titles of the charts.)
- Digital Inputs
-
slow forum
Bugatti Veyron -- I like how the first associated video is "car wash fail". Billy -- yeah, my spidey sense just went up about 10 pts. (on "stunt") based on that.
-
Introduction And Some Questions
This.
- slow forum
-
2009 HC Holiday Gift Exchange
Alright, before some nitpicker tries to send me a piano roll -- I do not have a piano roll player! I can do sheet music, however.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Hopefully.
-
Introduction And Some Questions
We're not other forums.