Everything posted by grawk
-
Head Case Motorsports
I can say I absolutely adore my '12 VW Touareg hybrid living in this part of Tennessee. There's a curvy isolated road that I'm on regularly that I can maintain the speed limit (55) on, even in the curvy bits that are recommended 25, and if I'm in the mood, I've been known to take a lot of it slightly faster than that. I also regularly get to drive the dragon, because I have been kayaking regularly on the Nantahala. I'll be taking that drive again tomorrow morning. Nothing like hauling 3 kayaks and keeping up with the flow on 318 curves in 11 miles.
-
Nate's Cycling Adventure 2021 - The 10th Wave
Done in honor of Steve's #2
-
RMAF 2021
I'm on staff for Otakon, a large-ish anime convention in DC. We were contractually obligated to put on a convention if we were legally able to. So we ended up having to plan and put on a convention with 78 days notice. We had 25,000 attendees, and based on all reports, we did not turn into a super spreader event. We required masks, and didn't ask vaccination status.
-
Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
https://fellowproducts.com/products/ode-brew-grinder?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BRD&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9OKix_q38gIVGlNyCh0xmA-4EAAYASAAEgLUx_D_BwE That's my "not espresso" grinder, and I'm pretty happy with it. No retention, consistent grind. If it went fine enough for espresso it'd be perfect, but I'm happy with my niche for that.
-
What are you EATING right now?
- What are you EATING right now?
i had nandos twice this weekend- What are you EATING right now?
apparently Steve is a pickle now- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
yeah, done- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
it's taken care of, see you in a week- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
please take your car pissing match somewhere else- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
yeah, and it took a while to dial in my settings. But damn it makes good espresso. i usually use valve bags but i just moved and am lucky i had time to roast 10 lbs of coffee before leaving.- What are you EATING right now?
- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
test marketing- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
- Haven't been here in ages, got married a month ago, life is GREAT
congrat!- Head Case Water Sports
- Head Case Water Sports
ran the nolichucky gorge yesterday. Way more river than I'm particularly ready for, but I made some class IV rapids successfully. Was on a 10' dagger torrent, a whitewater sit on top, so it was partially easy mode, but also crazy hard to work in the technical areas. I swam a LOT, and the shallow areas were a nightmare. But I did it. We initially were gonna run the lower part of the river, a class 2/3 with lots of flat water, so we all brought longer boats, then the level of the gorge was right, so we did it. I'm sore as hell today.- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
funny thing is, if I had to only have 1 type of coffee, I'd probably want it to be something I felt like continuously fiddling with. It'd at least keep it interesting.- Help! - Audio Technica M50x Crackling/Static Noise
link bot, no longer a member- What's up with the little rocket logo, on the lower left side of our avatars?
yeah, I know- What's up with the little rocket logo, on the lower left side of our avatars?
- What's up with the little rocket logo, on the lower left side of our avatars?
those are titles i made up for auto advancement over a decade ago and they never showed up anywhere. No idea why they do now.- Head Case Water Sports
paddled the Nantahala again today... went in like billy bad ass oops, course correction time ouch, fuck- Head Case Motorsports
- Head Case Motorsports
- What are you EATING right now?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.