Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Torpedo

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Torpedo

  1. Dumb?
  2. Maria Callas, Alfredo Kraus,Orquesta Sinf
  3. I know Regas aren't suspended, but aren't high mass or specially stiff either. I'm referring to that "speedy" yet thin sound which is common -and mainly a sonic goal- for suspended TT manufacturers like Linn. I haven't listened to any Rega TOL though, hence my pointing out that I'd stay away from the glass platter models. I agree that build quality is very decent for the price, arguably the best in that segment of entry or mid-level decks. But for sound aren't my cup of tea, which on the other hand is one of those silly generalizations "audio people" do, for I haven't listened to every combination of Rega TT with different carts, nor checked everything is perfectly adjusted. I suppose I tend to disregard them for those little things of them like not providing VTA and azimuth adjustment, or saying discs need no cleaning
  4. Can't say, never saw one. They look cool on the pics I owned a Project RPM-9 and it served me well, even when paired with carts well above its "quality frame". It just had the usual coloration of acrylic platter TT and the azimut setting on the arm, which wasn't at the same level than other adjustments. 33/45 speed adjustment was as easy as switching a lever. I'd take it over any Rega, period. Regas have that kind of "thin sound" that suspended TT have and that I've learned to avoid over the years. To each one his own I guess
  5. I'd take a SL-1200 over a glass-platter Rega any day. The ProJects are very decent TT for the price, though I suppose price isn't the same in Europe than in the US. Probably in the US it's better getting a Music Hall, which are made by Project. Better than any of these three, I'd try to get a used Michell Tecnodec. This thing sounds awesome for the price. MA be patient and try to spot one of these or an Acoustic Solid The difference over the 1200, Regas and Projects is really worth the extra expense and wait. Really
  6. Yet another set of glasses, these for close sight (next sight or whatever you say in English) With these I've spent more than 1000 euros in glasses within the last month The worst part is that I'm not happy
  7. ^ Great album indeed Been listening to a few of those albums which are making the "best of 2010" lists, just to know what's all the fuss about Jonsi - Go The National - High Violet Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
  8. Torpedo replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    The horny dog and the quick arrested. Really hilarious
  9. Cerberus Shoal - Elements of Structure Permanence
  10. Miles Davis - You're Under Arrest
  11. Joey DeFrancesco - Never Can Say Goodbye
  12. Was, Anna Netrebko - In the Still of tne Night Now Florence and the Machine - Lungs
  13. Cassandra Wilson - Silver Pony
  14. In the worst case she must be experienced.
  15. Happy belated B-Day Gene
  16. DA-11 is not a preamp in the sense it doesn't have other inputs which it can choose and control volume from. However it has a volume control and regulates output voltage in 56 steps for the line output and headphone output too.
  17. Happy B-Day!!!!
  18. The Curtis Fuller Jazztet with Benny Golson (and a bunch of awesome jazz cats)
  19. Torpedo replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
  20. She looks thinner on recent pics
  21. Shit, don't know how it happened but double post. Oh well, then this one which you probably don't know and have listened this morning too
  22. Duffy - Endlessly Her slow fluttering vibrato is starting to annoy me. Don't know really want to think.
  23. All the best

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.