Everything posted by Voltron
-
The Live Music Thread
You were probably sharpening something at the time, which is cool in it's own way.
-
The Live Music Thread
That would be a great experience Lloyd.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Oh great, now all the fun is going to be sucked out of Tampa.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Did you find anybody? You should track down the zoo crew or something.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Made it to Havana North and get my next flight in an hour. Hate planes without wifi! I hope Nebby isn't waiting for me because he's going to be pretty lonely for a long time yet. See you soon peeps.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Leaving now as well. See you all in Tampa.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Ban this stupid mutherfucker.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
You better not be full of some of the stuff I was hoping to sample! G'nite Scott, and see you tomorrow.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
One hour and 20 minutes later, they are all dead apparently. Maybe GuzziZombie woke up and ated all their brains.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
That is way too much Guzzi belly for me. Just wait until he really starts snoring though.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Cassoulet of sorts.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
You had better seriously check yourself young man, because I damn well better have some of that particular Irish whiskey or your Irish hide is going to get a beatin'. We don't have any 5 Guys out here but the old In-N-Out, In-N-Out will blow it out of the water anyway!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
I thought he was being pretty sneaky with his language! And by the way, that Improvacion better still be unopened tomorrow when I get there. I called dibs on some of it!
-
not quite sure where the new member seciton is..
I am not trying to make your compatriot bugger off, but he hasn't read around here much if the first thing he posts is a request for budget movie-watching headphones.
-
not quite sure where the new member seciton is..
Witty retorts from a one-minute member will not get you anything but a shovel to the back of the head. No guns, but there is a satisfying *thwack* sound if your headphones are resolving enough, and the heads sometimes do explode. Is that violent enough for you? I'm going to predict you will be stuck in basement mode.
-
not quite sure where the new member seciton is..
Tell us more about the "men's films" please.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
I'm jealous of the early arrivers, but fly safe everyone.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
I am bringing the PS-1s and some portable stuff. Any reason to bring the TTVJ FET-A or the luvdunhill Amp of a Thousand FETs? The latter requires a balanced source. Gene, please advise.
-
slow forum
Bieber and John Waters just make a cute couple is all.
-
slow forum
What if it were entitled "Doubles Fisting"?
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Don't you remember the recent Stallone movie? The Prescindibles
-
What are you listening to Part Two
John Lennon -- Plastic Ono Band
-
John Lennon's Death -- 30 years later
Thanks for this Dinny. That's really an incredible story. I was listening to clips of John's final interview on the Rolling Stone site and already misty as I read it. I also just got off the phone with a friend/colleague who is a few years younger than me and grew up very near me. We were comparing our memories of the night 30 years ago. He was a freshman in high school and wasn't a particular Beatles/Lennon fan and wasn't strongly affected. I was a junior that year and was really into music and the Beatles. A couple of my best friends (then and now) were huge Beatles fans, and especially loved John. I was doing homework in our living room while playing records. My parents and maybe my brother were watching Monday Night Football and Howard Cossell had come on and said that John Lennon was shot and killed in NY. It was like a gut shot and I remember feeling blown away that he could be dead. I called one of those Beatlemaniac friends and told him about it and he was beside himself. It's really amazing and very sad that John was only 40. RIP
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
You're not going to Bern's with the grown-ups?! Come on, we'll catch up with the jambanders after a nice dinner. BTW, did you snort that rail after chopping and lining it up so nice.
-
What did you do today?
That's very cool Mike. Bright kids pay off!