Everything posted by Voltron
-
Mobile Phone-like Device
Strike one: serial posting seconds after joining Strike two: unearthing a long-dead thread and crow-barring a stupid question into it Strike three: being a bot that signs up for dozens/hundreds of forums under a distinctive name that has no other hits on Google
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Y'all be crazy!
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Nice Knucks. Last year's shot is still my desktop at home.
-
2010 HC Holiday Gift Exchange
HC Manhattan in a box. That is hawt!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
wut? when?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Rebecca Martin -- When I Was Long Ago
-
What are you EATING right now?
Not sure he brought it to the hospital with him.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
HF2 No. 3 by any chance?
-
2010 HC Holiday Gift Exchange
I'm so pleased you got yours and that I can admit I opened mine as well! I received the first book last week and opened it not knowing that it was from you. That was this one: Today, I received two more and figured I might as well open them too! [ATTACH=CONFIG]4088[/ATTACH] These are all awesome! I was WWII obsessed for many years when I was younger, and have maintained that fixation to today. As a pre-teen and teen, I built models, studied equipment and battles, and played WWII board games. My favorite game was Avalon Hill's Afrika Korps and Rommel was a particular fascination. I will read both the Rommel and the Viscount Slim (great name!) books with great interest. Now that I am drink-obsessed, the History of the World in Six Glasses will be a fun read and I have actually thought of buying that one several times before. As for the selection I sent you, three of them were consumed in my last great history-reading binge. Pat Barker's trilogy of books on the Great War steered me there because I felt like I knew very little detail about that period. Sassoon is a character in the books along with another poet Wilfred Owen, and I read a bunch of their work and the Fussell book, among others. I haven't read the biography but I think I am going to buy that one for myself as well. It sounded like the best telling of his life. I do hope you enjoy them. Thanks Doug and happy holidays!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Don't sell yourself short, Miguel. We were at lunch until at least 2:30! I just made the mistake of looking back at the food pictures from Ella's and La Teresita and now I really want some fried green tomatoes and puerco asado, with some biscuits and gravy of course.
-
What did you do today?
Condolences Steve and thanks for sharing a bit of your grandfather's life. Very sorry to hear about your accident Jacob. That sounds so awful and you sound so calm in your posts. Hang in there and good luck with surgery. Let us know how we can help during recovery.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Nope. Besides, you were the hung over one last time.
-
What are you EATING right now?
And no gravy either? What kind of chicken-n-waffles do you have there? btw, Ella's in Tampa was fantastic for many things but Roscoe's is still king of chicken-n-waffles.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Cool chair Ric!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
At the airport and sad to be leaving. I tried Shelly's LCD2 with the Pico and GS-1 again and thought the combo was pretty good. Quieter room, different music (more mids/vocals) and a newer Macbook Pro but I really did think it sounded better.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Mongo like biscuit gravy!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
For Birgir, our own Bake King
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
I am so disappointed in you. Choosing family over us really hurts.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
The dinner crowd left for burgers but Jim, JP and I stayed behind to keep the tubes warmed up and listen a little. OK, mostly we are drinking and still feeling full from the incredible amount of Cuban food we had for lunch. I have been listening to the LCD2 with Shelly's GS-1 and Gene's Schitt Valhalla. It worked on the latter but not the former for me. Also tried the HD800 on the Schitt and Ari's little taro coupled amp with less than 1 gain. It wasn't bad on the Schitt but seemed to lack some body. The Ari amp can power them to a low volume pretty well but with the volume at max.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Sounds pretty decent too.
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
That makes me hungry!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
The meet is on! I am listening to my travel rig: iMod > TTVJ Slim > PS-1 (with an adapter from XLR to 1/4 and another down to 1/8 ). Electric Masada rocks! And by the way, we had cocktails last night dammit!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Whatever you need! We have leftovers for you too!
-
What did you do today?
I hope it is liquid medicine or washed down with some. Wish you were here!
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Vicki! This dinner was for you! Get in the car now! Damn, that would suck.