Everything posted by Voltron
-
my next machine planning, help and advice wanted!
I was drunk at the time, so it could have been any time from Thursday at 10:30 pm to Sunday at 8am, Florida time.
-
The Live Music Thread
I tried to watch the video but I slipped into a coma. How can you watch those guys straight, PJ?
- Deals
-
my next machine planning, help and advice wanted!
By the way Bartender Billy, we were checking out your Yelps and called the Touch of Class Lounge on Friday or Saturday night and the guy who answered said there was nobody there by the name Billy. He then might have said that you weren't there then but JP was the one on the phone.
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
Indeed and Indeed!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
These: Are good things.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Three on the tree ftw!
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
Ahoy mateys! It's sad that De Niro wanders around jazz brunches in his Taxi Driver costume looking crazy. I think doing Meet the Little Fockers just sapped out his last remaining self-respect. I love that Ari has 6 pictures of that guy and 9 total pictures of gear.
-
JH Audio stuffs
I just bought the TTVJ Slim™ and I am happy with that choice after comparing them, albeit briefly, and I like the size of the TTVJ Slim™ better.
-
Steven Seagal: Lawman
I recorded a couple of this last night. I am looking forward to seeing them.
- JH Audio stuffs
- JH Audio stuffs
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
Hey, I didn't Dom had a cab!
-
JH Audio stuffs
I really like those too Dinny! Translucent black with those things would be killer. And by the way, I said months ago that the JH|13s had magical energy together.
-
What did you do today?
Woke up early, got a ride with VPI, JP and Asr to the airport and flew home on Virgin American. Like this airline. Watched two foreign films about sometimes prostitutes that featured photography studios. Funny theme to their selections. Happy to see my family and dog and now chilling at home. Thinking about a drink, but it probably wasn't until around 3pm PT that my BAC was down to zero.
-
Happy birthday skullguise!
Happy what's left of your birthday! Cheers
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
My last pic. Saturday dinner at Padrino's Cuban restaurant. Que bueno!
-
just lost 3x1tb drives...
Sad, but true.
-
SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09
I really like the TTVJ Portable, humorously dubbed the TTVJ Slim by a reviewer . I like the TTVJ form factor better because it is so close to the iPhone and iPod. Greg, the new TTVJ Portable is far better than the Hybrid for portable use and for IEMs. The three portable amps in the running for best JH|13 match are the TTVJ, the Pico Slim and the RX, but I have not yet managed to hear the damn RX. I will borrow JP's eventually but failed to compare them this weekend even though Vicki did so tonight in my room while we were all hanging out. She should post some comments if she has some to share, but they all appear to be good contenders.
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
Listening gets rolling: Stupid New Guy had the K1000s on backwards. So we straightened him out. The Pico Slim made a splash upon arrival and was passed around eagerly all day, except when Mike and Vicky walked off with it for extended auditions. And before people flip out, the "input" and "phones" labels were switched on the prototype but will not be that way on the final model. But not everybody was inside. Dom and JP were in a fog. And then this really bad Michael Jackson impersonator came in wearing two gloves. Rookie error. It took a while, but Screaming Oranges eventually pulled out much of the history of high-end Grados and set up a killer rig. Zu Audio were gracious enough to drive their van all the way from Tennessee with loads of cool gear. I failed to take pics of the Zu Room, but they had a second setup in the meet room. Thanks Zu, everything sounded great!
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
Setting up: This Qualia is Sponge-Worthy
-
SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09
Guys, it was so great when Dreadhead showed up after riding his new bike all the way from Virginia!
-
SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09
How about those of us who are still drunk? Gene just stayed in his bed through the ear-piercing alarm and I went to see what was up. I came back up with the alarms still going and he was still there. All he said was "damn, this is annoying" and stayed right there.
-
SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09
Fruity Colin vs. Butterfinger Angry Ass Mexican vs. cinnabun
-
SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09
We're still raging, which is just silly. Incredibly strong and expensive and tasty beers are being wasted on our trashed pallets.