2012 FiftyFifty Eclipse Futures

Aura

Anyone have an opinion on the best barrel aged version this year? Right now I'm leaning towards the Elijah Craig 12 yr. Wish the 18yr could have made a return.

They did EC 18 two better and made a 20yr, which is probably the standout for me without looking back at notes.

Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel = Purple

Four Roses Single Barrel = Red

Rittenhouse Rye Barrel = Green

Elijah Craig 20 year Barrel = White

Brandy Barrel Blend = Burgandy

Buffalo Trace Barrel Blend = Yellow

Brewmaster’s Grand Cru Blend = Copper

I received some shipments this year and can do the same. Hopefully I can look at the futures link before it's past!

They did EC 18 two better and made a 20yr, which is probably the standout for me without looking back at notes.

Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel = Purple

Four Roses Single Barrel = Red

Rittenhouse Rye Barrel = Green

Elijah Craig 20 year Barrel = White

Brandy Barrel Blend = Burgandy

Buffalo Trace Barrel Blend = Yellow

Brewmaster’s Grand Cru Blend = Copper

I received some shipments this year and can do the same. Hopefully I can look at the futures link before it's past!

I have the EC 18 50/50 coming to me right now and its got the white wax. They may have only put the 20 yr old in kegs (think they only made about 50 gallons of it total from reading up on it.

I have the EC 18 50/50 coming to me right now and its got the white wax. They may have only put the 20 yr old in kegs (think they only made about 50 gallons of it total from reading up on it.

I forgot about that, Scott. I actually wrote them a question about it because of the advance sale saying 20 yo and the box or City Beer or somebody said that the whiskey was actually the EC 18 yo. The white wax one is extremely good, whatever was in the cask before the Eclipse. grin.gif

I'm getting a couple of bottles of Eclipse via trade......I've never had one before so I'm asking for yall's opinion. Which out of this list should I get:

2011: 4 roses, heaven hill, ec18, buffalo trace, brandy, grand cru,

2010: heaven hill

I'm almost certain on getting an EC18 but I'm not sure which to get for my 2nd bottle. I'm tempted to get the 2010 Heaven Hill/Rittenhouse rye but I've read on multiple reviews that 2010 was not a good year for that variant.

Thoughts?

I'm getting a couple of bottles of Eclipse via trade......I've never had one before so I'm asking for yall's opinion. Which out of this list should I get:

2011: 4 roses, heaven hill, ec18, buffalo trace, brandy, grand cru,

2010: heaven hill

I'm almost certain on getting an EC18 but I'm not sure which to get for my 2nd bottle. I'm tempted to get the 2010 Heaven Hill/Rittenhouse rye but I've read on multiple reviews that 2010 was not a good year for that variant.

Thoughts?

prettyprincess.gif Actually, some I've read the 2010 wasn't really that bad, just more bourbon flavor made it boozy. For me, Its either that or the buffalo trace, I'd probably choose the Heaven Hill myself.