HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Nate the Seek FC fototech with the day night lenses. I already had the Logic with the same lens which I really like. The trails around here have a lot of varying lighting conditions and they work great for me. BTW I got them from my shop to support them but Amazon has great prices.

Edited by Dreadhead

I want some Ari glasses.

Just finished my first shop group ride.  Kicked my ass a bit.  It was only 13.5 miles but I had to push to keep up with the group and had over 600 feet of elevation gain in those 13.5 miles.  Of course the whole group got split pretty quickly as the leaders went through a light and left those in the back half on our own.  Rode with the leaders of that group for the rest of the ride but they were not the serious guys, no way I could keep up with them.

Might have to try those also. Currently I'm using some Bolle Vigilante with interchangeable lenses, but sometimes get caught in between and obviously am not going to stop to switch lenses (and usually don't have them with anyhow).

My other Tifosi glasses are 2+ years old I think and look basically new with only very minor lens scratching after a lot of dropping (though none at speed). Their frames are a lot less fragile than the Oakley plastic (or at least the Oakley's I used to own) and the other thing I like is that you can bend the area with the rubber to get them to grip less/more. These ones are much lighter feeling though.

I have no skin in the Tifosi game I'm just a fan not a shill :)

Spent the morning putting the Cervelo on a diet.  Not sure if I will keep the diet gear on the Cervelo or put it on the overweight Calfee.  Probably at least upgrading the Calfee to Red from the Force that is on it now.

i-ws8jRp7-XL.jpg

Nice ride Nate!

Started my ride around 11:30 this morning and it was hot as balls. After a few miles though, the heat stops bothering me. I guess I've heat-acclimated myself. I was aiming for 2 24-mile loops but my legs started to threaten a lockout around mile 34 so I decided to head back to my car.

Overall it was a really good ride for me as I was strong all the way up to the point my legs told me to fuck off. 

7-27-20133-59-49PM_zps4f67134d.png

Only able to get a really short ride in today and it looks like rain might make any chance of a ride tomorrow nil.  Rain is coming down now here.

The new wheels seem better able to fight crosswind than the Zipps but it seems like there is more flex in these than the 404s.  Taking a pound off the bike doesn't really show much in the little ride I went out on.

i-3R9W42D-X2.jpg

• Like 1