HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I would love to see Katy Perry kiss a girl and yes, I would like it  >:D

This^^^^

I'm assuming it's still on its way to Montana as Dave seems like the type to notify me once it's arrived, especially since I haven't paid for it yet, and he was waiting for the bike, along with Joe's invoice, before telling me the final amount. 

I really really wanted the bike for Sebring, but I'm starting to be doubtful.   :-

I hope you have it for Sebring, even though I will not be there to see it.

My riding has taken a back seat for a while to get in shape for the Goruck Light.  Although, I will be mtb'ing with Dom, Brent and Jp on Saturday.  Gail talked me into going to Orange Theory.  It is scary how weak I am but this will change.

I love how some people on Paceline are getting bent out of shape over a decal on Jen Voight's new custom Trek saying "I am motherfucking Jens Voight". Although crude, I don't understand why people get their panties in a wad over shit like this. Perhaps, I'm just politically incorrect (but not ashamed of it). 

Makes me want to get a custom bike with a decal say "Blow me" (with a floor pump beside it) or my signature saying "Eat a dick!" just to post it on Paceline. Makes me appreciate how awesome this place is with none of this bullshit censorship and fake prudeness :)

Bike Pics:

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/08/13/twitter-special-jens-voigt-bike-check/

Edited by raffy

Sorry for the delay, in the middle of moving.

My usage will probably be longer rides on pavement but I would prefer a bit more ruggedness. Especially since bat smashing is another one of my goals. My friend has the crosscheck and loves the heck out of it but he's also riding the streets of Boston year round. So based on some more research, I'm open to suggestions. Budget is around $1200-1300.

• Like 1

I think ruggedness is something you could expect from most road bikes to some extent. Are you planning on ride dirt/gravel trails a lot? I would think that a really light guy like you would not be able to break down most modern frames unless you want to ride full MTB trails. I would definitely be looking for something a lot lighter that a cross bike or tourer as my only bike.

I think the Caad10 that several people here ride would be plenty rugged but not weigh a ton or keep you in a non-advantageous riding position if you are actually just looking to ride the roads and paved trails. I would think most people think of starting with a more upright or all-rounder bike but end up upgrading to something more aggressive down the road. I wouldn't dream of keeping my DeSalvo as my only bike.

I would think most people think of starting with a more upright or all-rounder bike but end up upgrading to something more aggressive down the road. 

Yes, story of my life. I had to make my Roubaix fit so agressive it's cyclo-douchey. Being a begginer, I thought that endurance/upright = beginner bikes. In reality upright/aggressive is really more related to body geometry and flexibility than cycling experience (or lack thereof).

Any of the locals up for a pre-ride weekend ride this weekend?  I know Dan, Ben and Chris have all expressed interest but nothing firm yet.  Maybe we can even get Dusty to break out his bike so we can make sure it runs.

^ Nice.

I'm avoiding the FL crew + Brent mountain biking adventure on Saturday, which makes me a bit sad, as I think I would love mountain biking, minus the fact I'd probably kill myself within the first few minutes.  Hoping to get in 50 tomorrow, and ride with that group I met last Sunday again this Sunday for another 40.  I was hoping to be in a bit better shape before Sebring, but....bah.