HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Do you have a ballpark timeframe for your Kirk yet?

It *would* have been near the beginning of 2014 year, but discussing with Dave its been pushed back to about Fall 2015 more  or less.

I'm currently seeing a Sports Physical Therapist for the bulged disc in my lower back, and will be off the road bike till at least Jan. or maybe a year or longer, the latter which is his assessment.

Anyway the new time table hopefully allows enough time to decide on a new fit, if needed. I'm thinking a hill climb bike with wider tires and discs would be pretty cool.

Thanks Brent!

It's true what they say: pics don't do it justice. Joe Bell's paint job is amazing. I can't stop smiling. It's better than I planned.

Raffy, I'm going with a mid compact. My physical therapist wanted me to have a triple, but that's not happening. 52/36. I think.

• Like 1

That is really cool!  Your choice with the mid compact is something that I've been giving a lot of thought to and it seems to fill a good spot that a lot of people have been looking for.  One of the  things I really liked that Dave does is to leave a lot of steerer tube for bar height adjustment.  I've left mine slightly long and swap spacers if my back is giving me trouble.  

Got in a short 20 miles on the Gunnar with the SMP saddle.  I still like it a lot, though need to get in a 50-miler + to be sure.  The Selle Anatomica was just fine out of the box doing a bit over 60 miles, and this SMP could be as well.  Now seems like I have a couple options for bum.  Nice.

Switched from the Selle SMP hybrid to a cheapo, Selle Italia Q-bik Flow and did 30 miles yesterday.

No more rubbing problems but there is a spot on the right side (where the rails "attach") that poked me wrong with my old, worn out Endura shorts.

About to find out if I have the same results with the Pearl Izumi Attack Shorts or....