HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

That is what I have been doing Nate.  I can actually walk in my Sidis and the pedals seem fine.  I just like buying new toys but I might wait a bit to see if I get sick of the Sidis.  The Specialized shoes were dramatically more comfortable than the Sidis.

Jeff,

If you like specialized shoes and are ok running spd pedals you might look at the higher-end mtb shoes which often use the same uppers as the road shoes but just have the modified sole to allow for running/walking on the trail. I run a pretty basic pair of specialized mtb shoes that are super comfy, very well ventilated and also very easy to walk in. The S-Works EVO or S-Works MTB shoes would fit the shiney requirement, work with your existing pedals and not rape your floors.

[edit]I'll probably try to move up to something like the Pro MTB shoe this year.  Two years on my shoes is probably enough stink to warrant a new pair.   Hmmm, sounds like a good birthday idea...

• Like 1

I have my official fitting Wednesday so I wanted to settle on pedals so I could be fitted with the proper pedal.  I think I will get the new Specialized S works shoe and I am thinking some kind of Look pedals.  

What are the HC approved road pedals these days?

Dura Ace, which uses a refined Look cleat. I have 2 sets and last years S-Works shoes.

Unfortunately I agree with you Ken. If I stopped drinking beer I know that I too will drop weight without any increase in exercise frequency or the need to eat less. Of course that is easier said than done.

:)

Raffy it's time for you me and John to stop drinking. Think of all the bike stuff we could buy with the extra cash plus the weight loss. I'm in, just say the word

I always think of how much better on the bike I could be if I weighted around 130 lbs (meaning I'll have to lose around 27). I'll lose all access to good beer when I go home for vacation in the Philippines for 3 weeks on the 14th so that'll be a good start for me.

Now we have to wait for Jp. In the meantime, anyone want to buy a beer collection?

Well if we start after Feb 3rd I'm in

• Like 1

Did my 3D fit this afternoon. I definitely did not have it set up right on my first couple of rides. The seat came up almost two inches and the 110 stem was replaced with a 70. Seems much more comfortable but part of that is the new Specialized seat they put on it after I sat on their butt pad. Much better than the 135 seat that was on it. Did all kinds of stuff with my feet to get the right setup for the new Specialized S-Works shoes. They are really comfortable. End up trying Speedplays and Looks and he showed me how the float on the Speedplays was taking my pedal-foot-hip alignment out of wack while the Max 2 Carbons kept me perfectly in line.

Did a lot of riding with cameras in every direction including one that watched ankle twist and one that looked at my terrible pedal stroke.

I hope it all adds up to a better ride because it did feel great on the trainer.

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1

Evidently my ankle was twisting out on the down stroke.

I think they mostly just wanted to sell me the more expensive pedals.  I almost got the carbon blades like you have Chris as they had some at 320 but I figured plain old springs were fine for me.

Holy Freaking Alzheimers Batman.... I left my new bike outside in front of my house all night last night.

I was so sick/afraid it was not going to be there when I went outside to look this morning after realizing what I had done after I woke up.

It was there, though.

Thankful I live in a nice neighborhood. Lucky, though.

Won't be doing that again.

Do/did you have an injury that may be causing the ankle to twist a lot? is it one or both ankles that are twisting?

It was not a noticeable twist to me but the line shows the foot moving a bit in the looser zero pedals.  I also have fairly terrible pedaling motion that I will have to work on as it is clunky as hell right now.  The Keos were pretty solid and I thought easier to get out of than the Zeros.

At the Highlands Bike Fest, 3 days of rides in Sebring Fl (think middle of nowhere). Did the short ride today 36 plan on doing the metric century tomorrow with Mike and Raffy with Sunday's ride being a game day decision. Missing Vicki though, hope your back on your bike soon!!

Sooooooo jealous.

Have a great time, guys!