HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Intended to ride some miles this morning but didn't get started early enough and needed to stop for some lunch.  I didn't plan well.

Bike was excellent and I was really moving for the first half of the ride.  Then I turned around to go back to my car and realized why I was moving so quickly.  Speeds dropped off hugely on the uphill trip back.  

Pick from Mile 6.

i-6bgFKd8-XL.jpg

• Like 1

Mike, don't forget about the free-shipping cut-off, which may be extended due to the strike (or ordeal of some sort) at the port where the bikes are sitting, or coming into.

30 day return policy, it's not gonna hurt to try the bike out.

You may, however, be the first person to go Team DeSalvo/Gunnar/Huffy in one year, though.

**BRENT**

Nice. It's sleeting and 36 here right now so my hopes of even a MTB ride today have been dashed.

That just sounds like a more interesting ride.   >:D

Average temp this ride was 39 and lots of fog.

I unfortunately slowed Chris way down as my torture device/seat made pedaling a bit difficult.  When he finally dumped me at my car he took off like a Motorcycle to finish up his 50+ mile ride.  No idea how you guys do that.

Edited by VPI

Ya gotta break your butt in to the torture devices mile by mile. You'll be fine.

The bikes look gorgeous. I'm just jealous you're riding.

Chris, you've really thinned out since I saw you last, which was....er.....a long time ago. You look great. I started an official diet (lordy, I hate that idea/word) yesterday. Since I'm not doing anything at all right now re exercise, other than stretching, my middle-age metabolism has decided to give me five more pounds in the last three weeks. I need to go the opposite direction asap, especially to get the weight off my ankle once I can start using it again. I'm very disciplined once I really need to be. At least being focused will help with all the holiday goodies rolling into the office. Hoping to be back on my bike(s), even for short rides, by the end of the month.

Jeff's bike is no slouch either. Those R5 Cervelo bikes are sexy and very fast. I think you made a great choice with that bike once they replace the saddle with something of suitable width.

Thanks Vicki! I am on a diet too. I am aiming for around 20 more lbs lost by Xmas but I don't know if I am going to get there. I have basically stalled for the last month. Should be interesting to see what I can do at 180 or there about.

Mike, don't forget about the free-shipping cut-off, which may be extended due to the strike (or ordeal of some sort) at the port where the bikes are sitting, or coming into.30 day return policy, it's not gonna hurt to try the bike out.You may, however, be the first person to go Team DeSalvo/Gunnar/Huffy in one year, though.**BRENT**

I just read on mtbr that the XO will not be up until mid to late December.m I need to get my X7 order in by 12/5. I guess I can take delivery of the X7 and hold it until the XO is announced and decide. I would be afraid to take it on a trail as I think the return policy is that it must be returned as new. Will check the website for the guarantee details.

Chris and Jeff, nice bikes and Chris, you have lost some weight.

I am aiming for around 20 more lbs lost by Xmas

How the heck do you do that? Is this one of those guy things we women hate you for ("I lose 5 lbs a week if I stop putting cream in my coffee and walk 15 minutes twice a week")? I'm hoping to lose 20-25 by end of January, and another ten by end of March.

Vicki I am lucky in that I lose it pretty easily. I am able to subsist on very few calories, especially considering how tall I am. It is not easy and I feel faint a lot but I do lose. I am also cursed in that I am able to put on weight so fast it will make your head spin. This past month has consisted of gaining 7 pounds, losing 5, gaining 5, losing 5, and gaining 5 again, I'm on the losing again but I am going to have to work to keep it going.

Edited by Dreadhead