HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Went for a fairly leisurely 58 miles today as part of the Armed Forces Cycling Challenge.

http://app.strava.com/activities/151050952

Was acting as a domestique/rabbit for a friend of mine for the majority of it other than the last lap. One of these years I'm going to ride this for myself and stick with one of the peletons so I can actually get a gold metal rather than silver.

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 1

At this point I think it is happening, but that depends on how we are after the MTB excursion I guess.

Got to try out the lights tonight.  Brighter than I had expected and after a short ride the lights are able to stay lit up for a good ten minutes which will be helpful at stop lights and signs.  The install turned out nicely outside of brake cables getting in the way of some of the beam.

I did 30 miles of the century ride last year.

I am hoping to do better this year ;)

It was a last minute thing last year as i got a call from a friend that his wife was not going the day before.

I took the steel Serotta with a compact crankset and 12-25 in the back. I was really hurting for a 28 in the back. Ha ha

This year i will stack the deck a bit as I am taking a CF bike with compact/12-30... :P

The climbing takes place within through initial 70 miles. This year the route is a bit different because of some road work. No Antietam.

Having said that i don't think i will be able to keep pace with you guys.

I did 30 miles of the century ride last year.

I am hoping to do better this year ;)

It was a last minute thing last year as i got a call from a friend that his wife was not going the day before.

I took the steel Serotta with a compact crankset and 12-25 in the back. I was really hurting for a 28 in the back. Ha ha

This year i will stack the deck a bit as I am taking a CF bike with compact/12-30... :P

The climbing takes place within through initial 70 miles. This year the route is a bit different because of some road work. No Antietam.

Having said that i don't think i will be able to keep pace with you guys.

I'm bringing a compact/11-32 for the Diabolical Double, so you're not going to hear anything from me regarding your compact setup :D