HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

It is funny, Colin and I had a conversation yesterday about when I got the first bike and we went riding in Liberty State Park.  I started out in the same boat you are in.  I was dying trying to get any mileage in.  One of the most entertaining things is seeing the progress come on.  Just a little bit longer each ride and you will be surprising yourself soon.

• Like 4

Mike, good job on starting to ride! Keep on keeping on, you'll be surprised how quick you improve in little time.

54 miles yesterday plus a metric century today. I am beat but overall a good weekend for me. I'm really enjoying the Sunday group I ride with, not too big to be annoying and too mentally exhausting but big enough to not have to pull a lot. Plus just the right amount of testosterone intervals to keep me happy :)

And the best part is the Sunday group rolls out at 8am, none of this 7am rollout bullshit.

Edited by raffy
  • Like 1

I am jealous of you guys.

Since buying my Trek bike I've been making it a point to ride at least once every day. I am so overweight and out of shape that so far I have been limiting rides to 10-15 minutes in my local neighborhood. I try and stretch it a little bit more with each ride. I want to get my legs and breath back and am working slowly at getting there. At the end of each ride my legs feel like rubber, but I feel good when I finish. I'm keeping a positive attitude and making sure I get out there every day.

I will post sparingly here but will continue to follow the thread for inspiration. 

Keep up the good work!

In a few months it will get easier, you will want your distance to increase.

Weight loss will come quickly if one counts calories and limits the libations!

Nice work all. I should have ridden today but I was entirely sapped from this week at work so I didn't make it out. Not going to make it out tomorrow either because my wife leaves around 10am for San Diego for a conference. I'm looking forward to having mornings with the boys though.

Ben, very impressive!  I'm so freaking slow going up even small bridges, panting the whole time, it's embarrassing.

Nice to see most of you getting out this weekend.  I got in 40 yesterday.  I met my friends at 6:30 this morning to do a metric, but wasn't feeling right, so went home before starting.  Glad I did.  It's nasty hot and humid here right now.  I'm still a bit woozy, so don't think that would've worked out too well.

Image of the web page (kinda long, so not embedded) http://i.imgur.com/YmoJJuX.png

Garmin Connect link: http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/526489135

Really fun ride for the most part, other than not being geared for the rain. Ironically I had a rain shell at the beginning, but dropped it off at aid station 2 because it had warmed up and felt good enough that I figured I could ride in the wet without issue. I figured wrong.

Short clip of the delightful rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra2cOyI078g

Gravel road vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hPisiyw2Y

Riding on gravel is noisy...so turn down your volume for that video. It's also a bit long (13min) since it's the full uncut footage, the fun descent lasts till the 4min mark or so, after that it's a lot of side to side camera action from the angling of the bike to slog up the long climb.

And a pic of me going up one of the hills :P

bmXet9xl.png

Edited by Nebby
  • Like 1