HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

• 3 weeks later...

Still interested in a fully suspended bike.  I talked to my future nephew (engaged to my niece) yesterday.  He can get me a new 2014 Trek Fuel EX 5 29 for about $1050 out the door.  I can think of lots of reasons to do this and only one reason not to, and that it is about twice what I wanted to spend.  That won't be enough to stop me.  Are there any other reasons why I shouldn't buy this bike?

Ken, that's about the price of a hardtail with those specs, before tax. That is a really nice bike for that price, and I'd be happy with that if you're wanting a dual suspension. If you were looking at a 5 or 600$ dual suspension bike, it would be something 5-6 pounds heavier on clearance from like, Dick's.

I say buy it.

**BRENT**

• 3 weeks later...

after 2 years or so of constant weeks of 100 miles I stopped riding after a medical procedure in Sept. Damn if you don't reset back to zero quick I'm pretty much starting allover from scratch. Lucky that it comes back quick. 

Raffy would laugh his ass off at me if we rode today 

• Like 1

Good luck with getting back on the bike.

I am in Barbados for Christmas and got my old aluminum bike out and ready for a first ride of the trip tomorrow. It will be slow but it will be nice to get out. I'm not going to worry too much about cycling fitness until the spring after work gets less insane. Of course our third child is due in February so that may be spring 2016...

• Like 1

Nice ride Jose! I am sure you had nice views near the coast [emoji1]

Have a good ride tomorrow Chris

Good luck on getting back on the bike JP#s!

Got out today and put in 47 miles on the road bike down on the Florida trail in Ocala. Nice weather. There are a bunch of rainy days in the near future. Hoping weather turns around quickly. I brought the mountain bike as well, that, if the weather holds for the better, will take to the single track area. Actually looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!!!

Is a good tour with nice views and road with friends (I'm on a cycling team) but the problem is the return because you have the hard wind in front and the road have many hills. You need to know the techniques of "relief group" (I don´t know the name in english :-[  :-[ ) for not exhaust yourself while pedaling against the wind.

My dates:

Medium speed: 31 km.
Total time: 5H 10´
Max Speed: 69 km/h

Max H.Bip: 171

Medium H.Bip: 131

Minimal H.Bip: 80

after 2 years or so of constant weeks of 100 miles I stopped riding after a medical procedure in Sept. Damn if you don't reset back to zero quick I'm pretty much starting allover from scratch. Lucky that it comes back quick. 

Raffy would laugh his ass off at me if we rode today 

I'm with John if you take out medical stuff and put in household stuff plus laziness.  We rode only 15 miles and the last three were hard for me.  Last year I was in shape, could easily ride 50-60 at a nice pace, and this year, I'm heavier, and...well....it is starting over again.  I have to say it felt really good to be riding, other than be embarrassed, so that's good.  I'm trying to ride in the morning now, today being the first, but since I don't have my timing together yet with needing to walk the dog, etc. I only got in six miles.  The goal will be 10-20 at least two work days.  I guess you gotta start somewhere (yet again). 

V just kick it in over time - I'm starting back at 50 + per week with no goal other than to ride. Once my legs go from jello to some semblance of muscle then I'll get more focused on intervals - short intense - long and mellow....

Vince at Tune says hello, I dropped the bike off for new wheels yesterday and bar tape and getting a quick adjustment when I go to pick it up.

Edited by jp11801

Thank you guys for the concern. At home waiting on the results of the xray but right now I can't walk without crutches. Fingers crossed its just really bad deep tissue bruising. Doctor only gave me 6 days of pain meds so maybe that means if there is no fracture the recovery will be swift.

Just thankful that Jorgen was there to help and a bunch of people stopped and offered assistance.

Keeping my fingers crossed Chris.

I am heading out shortly to do some miles on the path. I have to do some research for a "reasonable" road route here in Ocala, but to be honest there are some bike lanes along roads with 55 mph speed limits. People regularly doing 65 and above does not inspire confidence, so boring as it may be, I am sticking to the path...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk