HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I'm with John if you take out medical stuff and put in household stuff plus laziness.  We rode only 15 miles and the last three were hard for me.  Last year I was in shape, could easily ride 50-60 at a nice pace, and this year, I'm heavier, and...well....it is starting over again.  I have to say it felt really good to be riding, other than be embarrassed, so that's good.  I'm trying to ride in the morning now, today being the first, but since I don't have my timing together yet with needing to walk the dog, etc. I only got in six miles.  The goal will be 10-20 at least two work days.  I guess you gotta start somewhere (yet again). 

I'm hoping I can get on the bike and otherwise work out in another 2 to 3 months.  I still have another 3 or 4 weeks of PT, at least. You guys will be way ahead by then but I will try to keep up.

? Not sure I follow. That reads as a comment on the pace and because you are not a native speaker I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt...

Sorry I only asked you about the views  ???

Went down hard on the ride this morning. Totally my fault as i chose a bad line on a simple corner. Made my father in law wipe out too though he was unscathed other than a cracked helmet.

Getting xrays now to see if I cracked my hip. Pretty epic road rash too.

Feel like an idiot.

I´m sorry I hope that you are OK

Ended up doing 68 miles on the trail. Got to an area that was swamp on both sides of the trail. Truly beautiful [emoji7]. Tortoises on the trail, didn't see any alligators though, albeit I am sure they were around. I wanted to keep going a bit farther there, however heard some shots in the distance so exercising common sense turned around real quick. Wonder what were they hunting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mike's still in better shape than John or I will ever hope to be, so....... :)

Chris, just reading about road rash has my skin crawling, let alone thinking about anything more serious.  Hoping everything heals quickly and you've nothing wrong that can't heal soon.

I only wish this were true. I did move up to a 2 pound weight for some of my PT so watch out.

Thanks everyone. This pales in comparison to the other bad stuff going on around here.

Definitely already improving. Hope to stop being a total invalid tomorrow and be able to help my wife with the kids.

Off topic but related: it is funny how having kids changes you: All I could imagine as I was hitting the ground was a car running me over and leaving my poor wife to deal with 3 kids. The me being dead part seemingly wasn't my concern.