HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

22 hours ago, raffy said:

I think this may be even harder than the feared Angrilu.

Guys, the Angliru is "a valley" if you compare with this, and we hadn´t stops 

perfil+Pico+de+las+nieves.gifAlto+del+Angliru.gif

Edited by jose
media file add
  • Like 1

Yes but It's very complicated. The organization does not have enought money to afford a stage here... flights, hotels, move bikes and material. We are far from the continent.

For example Sky and Tinkoff training here on winter and they rent bikes, etc... and spend much money.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out on a ride yesterday and I hit something and my tire went (I stayed upright). Whatever it was I ran over (it flew off and I could not find it), it went through the aluminum rim bed on my irreplaceable Mad Fibers. Had to get picked up because my second tube popped too because I didn't have anything to cover the holes. Thankfully my shop doesn't think there is an issue and hooked me up with tubeless conversion tape to cover the hole and the wheel is keeping pressure (with new tire and tube). If it was a different carbon clincher I would have been screwed.

Always keep an eye on the road!

Riding again today hopefully no bike damage.

Glad you stayed upright, Chris. 1 minor crash on yesterday's group ride and 1 pretty bad one on a group ride on the other side of town reported today. Sucks. 

On more positive news, hit 7500 miles today for the year. More importantly, I think I've done more meaningful rides thanks to having a power meter since July. And found a training partner who understands how to train properly (ie not hammer all day everyday) and has become a good friend and fellow beer-douche. 

Edited by raffy
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys

Today I finished my first 130 kms. :)

What do you think about  Continental Grand Prix 4000 II S? :huh:

I don´t like very much... In this moment I prefer the Michelin Service Course Pro 4. It's early but I don't feel good with the Conti. I feel that they are heavies and hard. 

Edited by jose

Thanks to all!

Yes, it is possible that they need some kms for have grip or I´m confused. On my cycling team, the 50% use this tyre and they are very happy but they have never used the Michelin Pro4.

Coincidentally, today, a friend has been warp a Conti with a few kilometers.

I am on the same boat as you Jose, I do prefer the Pro4 pro, and the endurance version as well, over the Conti 4K. For some reason, the Conti just don't feel lively to me. I run my back tire around 113psi/front 105psi. Another tire I am using and like the rolling feeling is the Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX, (and SL) but some people have reported repeated flats on them. I actually also like the tubular version of this Vittoria as well, but I have moved to the cheaper version, the Corsa Elite tubular that can't be beat for the price.

So, your saddle, SMP full carbon, eh? Nice! I also like full carbon saddles, in my case the Aspide Composite is the one that works best for me. I have tried the SMP Dynamic with good results, but moved to the full carbon Aspide. I actually was eyeing the full carbon SMP since the dynamic worked for me, but the price of it kept me away from giving it a shot.

Nice bike, I imagine the disk brakes are a real advantage going downhill on those long descents there?

Well, I would like to test some Vittoria model but Stevens Custom Service only offer Continental and GP 4000SII is the top. I always run with 108psi rear/front.  On my BH I used Pro4 during last year and the feeling was very different but with ~5000 kms they were dead

When I started with the carbon saddle I need a couple of days to get used, but now I don´t want other saddle!. Yes, the problem is the high Price... I don't understand Why a simple carbón saddle today is as expensive.

1 hour ago, CD44hi said:

Nice bike, I imagine the disk brakes are a real advantage going downhill on those long descents there?

Yes, here we have long descents and you need a goog brake if you don´t want died. :wacko:  You can easily reach 70 kms (~43 M) I had on the BH Ultegra dual pivot brakes (6800) and it's a good brake but it's impossible to compare. The feel of the disk is very soft. You do not need to strain to slow down and your hands never hurt you. You only need to adjust a bit to soft and progressive touch. It´s very similar to my XT.

EMHO the digital and disk are the future.