HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Yeh haven't been able to find some professional reviews - I'll keep digging around.

I think the brand is fine, just not sure what caveats there are with mid-level bikes. Seems as though at this level, carbon bikes might not provide good value - too many sacrifices made in order to include a carbon fibre frame to hit price points. I might have to stretch the budget a bit more (as usual)...

So we spent too much time trying to get Xavier's bike set up this weekend, plus rain and busy-ness kept us from riding. Well, he was really wanting to ride so we loaded up and went out to play in the rain. It was a blast!

033a2ea86446d05710929c765bc70b29.jpg

We wound up on a busy road to start but we went exploring and found a large parking lot that was mostly empty. He seems to have the shifting in the rear down now, and he LOVES riding in the drops, after I told him it was an option. While we were drenched and a little cold, we had a fantastic time. It was also the first time my bike had been off the trainer all year. It is bloody amazing the difference I feel riding after having most over 30 pounds. I'm really excited to get out a lot more this year.

**BRENT**

• Like 6

Hey Guys, Xavier is wanting a bike computer. He has a mountain bike and a road bike now. I have a Garmin 200, and he loves the GPS and he has no idea what we used to deal with with cables and magnets and the like. I'm thinking of giving him my 200 and picking up something else. Do any of you have something like a Garmin 500/510/800 around that they may be interested in offloading? I may can get away with something else for him, but thought I'd check first. Thx.

**BRENT**

A black skin for a Garmin 500 would run you about $10.

If you can live without maps the base Bryton Rider 310 (E) looks like a pretty cool unit for just under $90.

Here's a review link-------------> http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/01/06/review-bryton-rider-310-affordable-gps-tracking-cycle-computer/

And a flebay link---------> http://www.ebay.com/itm/231776946909

Okay.....after giving up riding to be at the beck and call of a puppy's bladder,  I'm back on the bike.  Did 10 miles on Saturday, which was annoyingly hard, but it was so much fun to be out and about again.  I was actually laughing when I got home.  Also, the computrainer place I used to go to a couple years ago just opened up again in the building next to my office...we share a parking lot.  I've been going on lunch hours and getting my azz kicked to Sufferfest videos.  My watts are only set at 125 and I feel like I've never been on my bike before, but I'm loving it.  I aiming to be able to do the fun group rides again come june-ish.  Right now, I need to get my legs back and drop some poundage.  I also need to get some new riding friends.  All my old crew moved, got too good for me, or quit to do other things.  

• Like 9