HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Amazing day on the trails. Xavier, two friends, a dad, and a friend's sister. The Garmin watch paused and didn't auto-start so I don't have the distance, but 6-8 miles of single-track at least. Some of the kids were getting tired so I took them to the parking lot via road whike the dad who was sticking with his little girl for miles got to cut loose and chase down the fast kid.

One of my favorite mountain bike rides of all time.
9faed3df0b59b51995ba400b73c8dd1f.jpg

7f41459c16097f70a64c427a00fd9121.jpg

95300555ccb20c937e28ba5455b8b38b.jpg

**BRENT**

• Like 5

Looking at this pic, I expect to hear some announcer saying...

"Coming this Christmas, a heartwarming tale of a rag tag bike club and the crazy antics that turned them from losers into winners, when their new coach, played by Billy Bob Thornton, teaches them about bike racing, alcohol abuse and life in general." Rated PG13. 

9faed3df0b59b51995ba400b73c8dd1f.jpg

• Like 3

My old MTB...

A friend of mine has lent me his cheap dropper seatpost (a Tmars but I don´t know the model) and  I´m triying this now that I'm resting.

It seems to me that taking technique is a great success as walking down very broken paths... Because you can move your ass around the bike and change your gravity point.

R4j3xZ2rBmQ3BuzPqR14d5JGcR79GVCiBsTCJVvK

• Like 4

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:48 PM, Pars said:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/continental-gp4000s-ii-twinpack/#pid=30229

$60/twinpack in 23 or 25. Shipping sometimes free, often are faster delivery than US based shops.

Is a nice Price. In Probikeshop; 29,90€/ea 700x25 and 28,90€ 700x23

http://www.probikeshop.es/cubierta-continental-grand-prix-4000-s-ii-700x25c-flexible/93000.html

I have a Y22 somewhere in Texas.  It was a fun bike, but in no way comparable to a modern full suspension bike.

I am beginning to wonder if a fat bike would have made more sense than the gravel bike with all the snow in the forecast around here.  Might be able to get out for a ride on Saturday before the next 4-8 inches come Saturday and Sunday.

2 minutes ago, VPI said:

I have a Y22 somewhere in Texas.  It was a fun bike, but in no way comparable to a modern full suspension bike.

I am beginning to wonder if a fat bike would have made more sense than the gravel bike with all the snow in the forecast around here.  Might be able to get out for a ride on Saturday before the next 4-8 inches come Saturday and Sunday.

You should get a fat bike; may I recommend this one?

**BRENT**

17 hours ago, MexicanDragon said:

José, are you into vintage bike stuff at all?

**BRENT**

I would like but no, I only know about some classic models and the Y22 is one them.

The Y22 is not a new design and haven´t the same performance but I think that in his time, the Y22 was a radical bike.

About classical bike, I'm searching a road bike (aluminum) of the 80. I need one for training on the "roller". I would like a Bianchi (Pantani is one of my idols) but really I haven´t any preference

15506604243_b5c6da29b2_b.jpg

Edited by jose
Orthography