HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

• 2 weeks later...
How does it fall? [emoji4]

3 years, hundreds of miles on a road bike, 50+ pounds lost, and much less stressed/depressed. It turns out all that stuff helps a lot in the "not falling over" part of riding.

Now it's just every other ride.

I was just talking to Mike about how I still haven't watched that video of me from Florida. That trip led me to sell my bike and get out of it. I didn't hit another trail til Oct 1 this year. Xavier saw me go with a friend, have fun, and then he wanted to go. He went and destroyed me, and his friends ride, so now he is into it, so we have more stuff to do together. Having a blast with it.

**BRENT**
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Clipless.  I can't imagine riding, even MTB, without being clipped in.  The times I've been able to save things because of the power able to be generated far outweighs the few crashes the pedals might have caused.  Now if I finally get a fat bike this year that'd be something I'd ride on flats just because of wanting to have warm feet.

• Like 1

Got out for a short ride through the local trails this morning.  Decided to cut it short after I saw a six point buck, heard a shot about 10 minutes later, then 10 minutes after than came across blood splatter on the trail and saw a hunter tracking him through the woods.  Stopped and talked with the guy for a bit, seemed like a nice guy.  Then not 15 minutes later saw another two-man group of hunters and that seemed like a higher density than I wanted to be a part of.  

• Like 6