CanLanta 2013 - May 4th - Atlanta, GA

MexicanDragon

global reservation center is finally acknowledging the existence of CanLanta 2013.  but, still only for 1 night.

i have reserved friday may 3 checking out sunday may 5.  must call back again to get my 2nd night under the group rate.

Edited by justin

Justin I haveto sign the new contract for it to acknowledge the extra nights. If I get a chance between pt's tonight I will try and get it finished. It still might not go into affect until Monday. Just bear with me guys. Thx, Trav

Don't sweat it Trav. Dealing with the hotel reservations was one of the most frustrating aspects of CanJam'10. What I found out was that there was very poor ommunications between the conference staff and the front desk staff. They were seperate organizational units so I basically had to act as a liaison between the two groups.

Ugh, prices went up for me as well.  I was looking at the location of this hotel and it is pretty far away from the city.  According to the website, the closest subway stop is 5 miles away.  Is that correct?   Is there anyway to get there by public transportation?   If not, I am assuming that the trips to places in the city would probably not be very practical. 

Ugh, prices went up for me as well.  I was looking at the location of this hotel and it is pretty far away from the city.  According to the website, the closest subway stop is 5 miles away.  Is that correct?   Is there anyway to get there by public transportation?   If not, I am assuming that the trips to places in the city would probably not be very practical. 

at this point, i may be driving, so i could help out.

for Beer I really like The Porter in Little Five Points and Vortex which is just ok is right across the way 

THe Brick Store in Decatur is right off the Marta station and is world class as well

I'm sure there are other great places but Porter and Brick House are musts in Atlanta for beer 

Dammit, prices went up since this afternoon!  I better make up my mind tonight. 

Edit:  OK, I bought a ticket.  I am arriving late on Thursday but plan to stay in town and visit Georgia Tech, give a talk and do math with some people there that day.  Then on Friday night, I will head out to the Canlanta region.  Then I will leave on Sunday night (flight is around 8pm).  

So essentially I am a Friday night to Sunday night person.  I thought about staying longer but I didn't want to push my luck with hubby after just going to MOA.  My flight is late on Sunday so there will be plenty of fun time that day. 

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 2