MLB Playoff 2013

Salt Peanuts

Yeah, I didn't expect the Indians to go very far in the playoffs. On the other hand, I didn't expect them to MAKE the playoffs, so I hoped I'd be wrong again. I agree, it'd be great to see Francona (my buddy!) against his old team. Great drama, great storyline, karma, all that. Oh well, it was a great year, overall. Maybe add a power hitter or two and they have something next year!

Edited by jvlgato

Yeah, would have been cool to see Tito vs Boston, but, as a west coast FL resident  now, I have a soft spot for the Rays, too.  Not soft enough to want them to beat the Sox, but a tense 5 game ALDS would be good.  Ultimately looking for Red Sox - Dodgers World Series.  That will be exciting.

I've been to 8 or 9 Rays games this year, so I've sort of become a fan.  I'm also a big Vin Scully fan, so it would be great to see the Dodgers win.  The A's have been a fun story these past two years, and same with the Pirates this year.  I'm not a "hater" of any of the other teams (Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers, or Braves) but they've all had a lot of success in recent years, so I'm pulling for the underdogs.

"Boston cock suckers!"  (From Deadwood, as modified.)

So now I'm hoping for the A's to win out in the AL and either the Pirates or the Dodgers in the NL.  But no strong favorites still in the hunt at this point, so in all seriousness, best of luck to those of you who give a shit about one team or another.

Ok, so just don't let it be the Cardinals again.  I'm sick of them (same with the Braves).  The Dodgers and Pirates have both been great stories this year, and their fan support has been amazing, so their home games are great fun to watch.  As for the Red Sox, A's, and Tigers... meh.  I'm not a lover or a hater of any of them.  They're all great teams.

I knew it was a pipe dream as far as the Rays go.  Hell, I was at a Rays game in September against the Rangers, who they were tied with for the wildcard lead with only 2 weeks left in the season, and there were only 11,000 people in the Trop.  What a shame.  In truth, they (meaning Tampa, not the organization itself) really don't deserve a winner.  

Boston deserves to win, as does Pittsburgh, Detroit does, etc.  I was at a game in Fenway a couple of years ago when the Red Sox were out of contention, and the place was still sold out and rockin' every time the Sox scored or made a good play on defense.  Truly an awesome place to take in a game because their fans "get it" and don't treat baseball like a yawner sport.

Edited by Wmcmanus

St. Louis cocksuckers!  Well, at least Al was also cheering for them.  I've got some friends in St. Louis as well, so I'm happy for them.  But I'm definitely fired up about the Dodgers with the exception of Brian Wilson who is a complete douce bag.  (Sorry Al, but maybe you'll get the satisfaction of having the Red Sox beat them in the world series.)

Al, you're really having your way, man!  The golden sombrero from Puig didn't help the Dodgers cause at all.  10 at bats, 6 strikeouts, 0 hits from the superstar so far.  Good luck in the Red Sox game.  I'm indifferent between them and the Tigers.  Red Sox win, Todd the Junkie man is pissed.  Tigers win, Al and Gene are pissed.  Hate to see any of you guys suffer, but Todd will get over it so I'm in your camp so long as the Dodgers beat the Cardinals!

Struggle last night watching the Tigers arms mow down Sox hitters.  Hopefully tonight will be better.

Al, I have now joined the "death to Dodgers at any point" camp, and would love to see a Cards sweep, even though that means well rested Cardinals in the WS.  Big game tonight for Sox - Tigers, as going 2 down would put the Sox in a serious hole.  Love playoff baseball.