slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Zombie Christ, you just posted that video, and it's already gone.

So what was it, an electronic press kit or something?

You talking about my link? It's just a youtube video that won't f'ing work regardless of the 3 different links I've tried, that are all working just fine. :rant:

Happened to me once where the tire blew right before a tunnel and I had to drive my Audi out to the other side before I could stop. The tire was shredded and the rim was mangled. Happened on the way to a funeral of one of my high school friends, who was also my college roommate back in the day.

Shit, that reminds me -- I need new tires. They were supposed to be 70K tires, but I only have around half that. Didn't align them, didn't rotate them enough, didn't take care of them at all, so in my case, it's my own damn fault.

Your look like they're completely worn through on the inside, so I presume you didn't see anything, but didn't you hear anything? Or was it overshadowed by your car stereo?

I didnt hear a pop of any sort; I was sitting at the light at the campus my society is located, and as soon as I turn onto Rockville Pike, I feel it shimmy and I can hear it oscillating, making it clear that there was something going on with one of my tires. In this case, I had the windows up, but Jimmy Smith playing on the stereo, so it wasnt too hard to hear :P.

Shit, that reminds me -- I need new tires. They were supposed to be 70K tires, but I only have around half that. Didn't align them, didn't rotate them enough, didn't take care of them at all, so in my case, it's my own damn fault.

Your look like they're completely worn through on the inside, so I presume you didn't see anything, but didn't you hear anything? Or was it overshadowed by your car stereo?

I bought some Uniroyal Tiger Paw 70K nail guard tires about 4 years ago. I've never rotated them, and still they are holding up fantastic. I am a stickler for checking the pressure often though, and my alignment must be perfect. The front will need to be replaced before too much longer, but the back have plenty of miles on them yet.

I never thought of that. Though I went to Jiffy Lube just a few days ago and they checked the inflation and said it was normal.

Could be defective too. I had a pair of top of the line Toyos do something similar with 5k miles on them. Depending how much they have been used, and how old they are, might wan tot talk to where you got them from. I got a refund for my tires, minus the 5k miles.

I'll have to see if my parents know where they had it serviced. I 'inherited' the car from them. The tires have to be at least 3 or 4 years old by now, I think. I dont remember them having done any tire work in recent memory. Whatever I end up getting next, by golly I'm gonna keep it rotated and inflated. Lesson learned >:(

I'll have to see if my parents know where they had it serviced. I 'inherited' the car from them. The tires have to be at least 3 or 4 years old by now, I think. I dont remember them having done any tire work in recent memory. Whatever I end up getting next, by golly I'm gonna keep it rotated and inflated. Lesson learned >:(

Yeah you're not gonna get anything for 3-4 years. Mt tires were 3 months old and the same thing happened.

Sorry to hear about your tire situation Chris. I'm not sure what could've caused your tire to blow like that. I do remember when my tire blew and from that point on I've been like swt61 in regards to checking the tires and air pressure.

It's good that you are getting all of them replaced as the thread on them must be wearing out. :sadcat: