slow forum

postjack

When the Bangle lead design team at BMW put out their first major redesign (the last 7 series some 7+ years back) people ripped on him and BMW for the lines of the car, the iDrive used to control every aspect instead of a bunch of buttons, etc

funny part is years later every luxury car has their version of the iDrive and has copied the same lines Bangle got ripped for years back..

These boys and girls were always leaders and this "concept" not only shows cues to the new z series that's coming but changing the game up once again..maybe in the future with the fabric body.

and don't ever ask a BMW designer about cup holders as one Tech in Training found out the hard way...

Basically the Designer yelled something at him like "Do you Drive Zee Cup holders?" with a heavy German tone....haha

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the iDrive used to control every aspect instead of a bunch of buttons, etc

And almost every BMW owner that I've talked to hates it. Granted, they love the rest of the car but the Idrive is awful. When an non-owner can't step into a vehicle and do something as simple as turn on the radio that's just Ifail.

I've been living under a rock when it comes to video games, but as someone who used to play guitar, that game looks straight retarded.

The controller looks like something meant for infants or toddlers at best.

Musicians don't get points for keeping proper time; they get laughed at for NOT keeping perfect time. Never mind pitch, tone, playing with feeling, etc.

I've been living under a rock when it comes to video games, but as someone who used to play guitar, that game looks straight retarded.

The controller looks like something meant for infants or toddlers at best.

Musicians don't get points for keeping proper time; they get laughed at for NOT keeping perfect time. Never mind pitch, tone, playing with feeling, etc.

Fortunately, most anyone with a brain knows not to misinterpret that game as "learning how to play guitar".

That said, its premise hits me as "retarded" as well. Though I will not argue that as gaming talent, that guy has chops. There's a guy on another private board that's one of those top contenders.

I mean, how would you fake that? It'd be easier just to memorize the "course".

I know its not really meant to learn how to play guitar, but I just dont see any other point to it. If its just counting out rhythms, there's not even a need for the guitar controller. You should be able to play that game with an old Nintendo controller, or even an Atari joystick ffs.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

**shruggs**

What's the point of playing ANY game if you see anything not real as pointless? GTA is pointless because you're not stealing real cars or shooting real people. Mario is pointless because you're fake running around in fake worlds.

I know its not really meant to learn how to play guitar, but I just dont see any other point to it. If its just counting out rhythms, there's not even a need for the guitar controller. You should be able to play that game with an old Nintendo controller, or even an Atari joystick ffs.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

**shruggs**

I take it you didn't see the South Park episode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Queer-o

"real guitars are for old people".