slow forum

postjack

Japanese patient's 'tumour' turns out to be 25-year-old towel

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080604/od_afp/healthjapanoffbeat

Are the Japanese finally recovering from getting absolutely raped in news weirdness by Josef Fritzl two or so months ago?

If he were American, he'd be suing for $100M. Such is our culture where a tragedy is akin to winning the lottery.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anti-exercise cat (and before you watch it, think about how you think a stereotypical cat would react to a treadmill, and you'd probably come up with this):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xg1oszADX04&NR=1

Your cats are different than all the cats I've had. Sure, if you try to make a cat use it, as in the second video, you'll probably get that response. But cats are curious and love to play. If you just let them discover it themselves, they'll find the treadmill and play with it like in the first video. I believe my three cats would.

No, my cat wouldn't do that. She'd hiss and spit and bite and claw until she was let go, then run away. There's no way she'd tolerate being held in place like that.

That's why I said "stereotypical" -- the one that ignores all commands. The one from the "what cats hear" Far Side cartoon.

EDIT: I should add: my cat loves having her face rubbed, so I understand exactly why that cat is doing that. That part she might tolerate.

If he were American, he'd be suing for $100M. Such is our culture where a tragedy is akin to winning the lottery.

Very true. I hope this guy does get some compensation as they had to open him up and going through a major surgery like that isn't fun as I should know.