slow forum

postjack

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5j3a8_hillary-obama-rfk_news

Hillary brought up the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy today while defending her decision to stay in the race.

:kitty:

You know, I don't really have any problem with her not conceding, for two reasons. #1 -- it's the process, what's wrong with following the process? Instead of saying it's bad for the democratic party, one should point out that it's democracy in action. #2 -- what if what if what if. She's the first woman to ever run for that office, she's got a commitment to give it absolutely every chance to get in.

Oh, well, it's all going to be a moot point, anyway. (MHO)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5j3a8_hillary-obama-rfk_news

Hillary brought up the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy today while defending her decision to stay in the race.

:kitty:

I hate Hillary, but I don't buy that she had ill intent towards Obama in the comment. She was simply trying to argue her right to stay in the race, and pointing to past elections. People are simply reading too much into the comment. Or just putting their own spin on it. The video clip doesn't show her talking about other elections, because it is trying to take the Kennedy line out of context. The media pulls this bullshit on republicans all the time. The only thing interesting here is the media is picking on a democrat for a change.

I posted this in the "what are you eating?" thread.

P-16-160.jpg

Double Gloucester cheese -- a mixture of two English cheeses, Stilton (white/blue) and Huntsman. It's delicious.

I'm no food connoisseur, but I've been exploring different types of cheeses, because I kind of live next to a health/whole foods mart.

What are head-case's favorite cheeses?

I could make a head-case cheese platter if I get enough good suggestions.

I posted this in the "what are you eating?" thread.

P-16-160.jpg

Double Gloucester cheese -- a mixture of two English cheeses, Stilton (white/blue) and Huntsman. It's delicious.

I'm no food connoisseur, but I've been exploring different types of cheeses, because I kind of live next to a health/whole foods mart.

What are head-case's favorite cheeses?

I could make a head-case cheese platter if I get enough good suggestions.

Unless theres a different meaning to the term, thats not double Gloucester. Double Gloucester is a cheddar type cheese made with whole fat milk (whereas single Gloucester has the milk fat skimmed prior to curdling).

What youve got there is a Gloucester/Stilton stacked cheese perhaps.

-edit-

It seems after a little googling, that Huntsmans is the name of the Gloucester/Stilton combo stack.

You know, I don't really have any problem with her not conceding, for two reasons. #1 -- it's the process, what's wrong with following the process? Instead of saying it's bad for the democratic party, one should point out that it's democracy in action. #2 -- what if what if what if. She's the first woman to ever run for that office, she's got a commitment to give it absolutely every chance to get in.

Oh, well, it's all going to be a moot point, anyway. (MHO)

The problem is that at this point she would probably have to do something that would disenfranchise voters in order to be nominated, like the superdelegate bs. (although it's probably too late for that too)

http://www.cheesesupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=184

Here's a link to that Hunsman Cheese which the Monk wants to pass off just as Double Glocester

what?

i got the names huntsman and double gloucester mixed up, that's all.

---

now eating: gouda.

disappointing. not as "strong-tasting" as i was told it'd be. i don't think i'm a creamy cheese kind of guy.

I hate Hillary, but I don't buy that she had ill intent towards Obama in the comment. She was simply trying to argue her right to stay in the race, and pointing to past elections. People are simply reading too much into the comment. Or just putting their own spin on it. The video clip doesn't show her talking about other elections, because it is trying to take the Kennedy line out of context. The media pulls this bullshit on republicans all the time. The only thing interesting here is the media is picking on a democrat for a change.

I can't believe the media attacking Bill Clinton's wife. What next, Bono sponsoring a Nascar team? Armageddon is here............... :doghuh:

I'm confused. The Clinton camp is blaming Obama for the Robert Kennedy remark ???

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-talk/2008/05/clinton_camp_stokes_rfk_flap_b.html?hpid=topnews

I'd do the same thing. Makes Obama look not so "new kind of politics" like. RFKs son already proclaimed he took no offense to her remark, and understood the context. McCain, Hillary, Obama...all presidential nominees have people both directly linked AND not directly linked folks to their campaign that will do the smear tactic stuff, for plausible deniability on the nominee's part. She can suggest that it is them, under the guidance of Obama, that are fueling the outrage.