Closed - Group Buy - Caps 680uF/550V

sorenb

Update on the Caps Group Buy.
Jdineshk has wired transfered money to FTCaps to get a place in the production queue at FTCaps.
I will be collecting payments from participants starting today.
I like to now start collecting payments from all. Please send your payment to my PayPal account ([email protected]). Please transfer as PayPal Gift.
The Groupbuy sheet has been updated:
The column D contains the total price based on the amount of caps ordered and the FTCap price estimate; the price does not include any duty/tax/shipping which will be calculated when ever we have the caps. Please update Column E, when you have done the PayPal payment: "Done" (the sheet has data validation for that column).
Please transfer the amount specified for your order, and put your Head-Case ID, and amount of caps in the note of your PayPal payment. 

Actual shipping charge will need to be determined based on the actual weight of your caps and your shipping address, and will be determined as soon as we have the caps.

If you prefer not to use PayPal Gift, please include in your payment the applicable PayPal fee. This fee varies from country to country, you'll need to look it up at PayPal’s web site.

JDineshk is taking care of distribution of caps in US.
I take care of distributing non-US.
If someone wants to have have combined shipping with Carbon Boards please state that in the Groupbuy sheet as well (column F); and I'll work something out with Michael mwl168.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Edited by sorenb
  • Like 1

From the spec sheet, these look like conventional 2 pin electrolytics with 2 extra NC pins. Does not seem to offer the benefit of separate ground returns like Mundorf and Jensen 4 pole caps. 

Also the pin pattern is different than the Mundorf 4 pin caps that the PCBs were designed for. 

The Carbon v5 PCBs have been designed to accommodate the FT Cap 4-pin layout.  I worked with Kevin on this a few weeks ago.  Please check the gerber files.  Yes, this is a standard snap-in cap with 2 extra pins to provide additional support.  I am not technical enough to explain the pros or cons of the other designs.  But, you do have a choice.

Thanks for working with Kevin to make sure these caps work in the latest PS PCBs. I was going by earlier info posted on the other thread. 

No doubt $12 for this capacitor is a great deal. Just not exactly what I thought it was, expecting a 4 pole type. I'm still in, can always upgrade to Mundorfs later.  

Edited by Laowei

Update for the Caps Group Buy

The Mundorfs are no longer offered. Minimun order is 144 pieces, and the amount of wanted Mundorfs as of today was way below that amount.
Therefore the Mundorfs has been removed. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

I have checked the FTCap pinout against the Dual FAT, single FAT left/right, and the Gerbers seems just fine.
As for using the FTCaps on PSU boards prior to the current Golden Reference (Dual FAT, Single FATs) these will NOT be compatible