SennHD820

EdipisReks1

I'm not in a position to buy these phones at the moment (medical bills are fun!), but the reviews that I've read suggest that they are the phones I've been looking for, and I should be financially whole, and hopefully healthy, in early 2019.  Has anybody had a chance to listen to them yet? I'd drive them with my KG-perfected SP Extreme. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately they are a nope. Heard two pairs, the latter just a week ago and there is no body to the vocals. Plain thin and anemic sounding. Big messup there for that price. The 800S does the mids much better. Check out the graph at Rtings if you don’t take my word for it. 

Edited by Bjorn

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, Bjorn said:

Unfortunately they are a nope. Heard two pairs, the latter just a week ago and there is no body to the vocals. Plain thin and anemic sounding. Big messup there for that price. The 800S does the mids much better. Check out the graph at Rtings if you don’t take my word for it. 

Can't say it's all too surprising, thin mids in a closed can is nothing new, but would have hoped that Senn. had the tuning experience to make it work.

Today I stumbled across a Sennheiser showroom in San Francisco on Post St. just off Union Sq.

They had the HD820 and most of their other cans out to try with their amp/DACs. You can plug in your own phone or stream Tidal.

They also have the Orpheus in a private room by appointment.

The place was empty at 11:45 on a Friday. I was the only customer...

I won't bother you with my impressions...just a heads up to anyone in the Bay Area that would like to audition any Sennheiser stuff.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...