Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Delivered Ian's gift this morning so I can finally post this:

SMCWAA-G

EZ Stream 802.11g Wireless Audio Adapter

SMCWAA_G.jpg

Basically a less expensive version of the SB3, can be found for way less than even the MSRP if you're willing to dig. Stock it'll only stream MP3s but for a desktop rig that works for me. Also, thanks to the folks at DIYAudio it was discovered that you can mod the unit pretty simply to have an optical digital output. That'll be one of my next projects since I followed the military model when I picked this up for Ian. Why buy one when you can get two for twice the price? ;D Should make a killer addition to the soldering rig.

Bought digipete's NIN - Downward Spiral SACD yesterday. And my second attempt at buying the new Modest Mouse record since Newbury was out of stock last time.

And I have a secret project planned for one of my headphones that will go into effect on Monday :police:

SMCWAA-G

SMCWAA_G.jpg

Basically a less expensive version of the SB3, can be found for way less than even the MSRP if you're willing to dig. Stock it'll only stream MP3s but for a desktop rig that works for me. Also, thanks to the folks at DIYAudio it was discovered that you can mod the unit pretty simply to have an optical digital output. That'll be one of my next projects since I followed the military model when I picked this up for Ian. Why buy one when you can get two for twice the price? ;D Should make a killer addition to the soldering rig.

And what a gift... This thing is the tits! I had the HTPC already loaded with my entire digital library, so now being able to access it in the other room is just the icing on the cake. And it sounds pretty damn good right out of the box. I'm enjoying some Trauma Pet as I type!

Thanks again Nate!

SMCWAA-G

Just a heads up... you can stream FLAC files with it as well. There is a program called TVersity that allows you to transcode lossless files to wav files and send it via EZ-stream... makes it an even better bang for the buck ;)

SACD

DiMeola, McLaughin & DeLucia - Friday Night in San Francisco

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain

Miles Davis - Relaxin' with the Miles Davis Quintet

The Quintet - Live at Massey Hall

Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow

Dave Brubeck - Time Out

Blood, Sweat & Tears - Blood, Sweat & Tears

DVD-A

The Beatles - Love

Steely Dan - Gaucho

The Ray Brown Trio - Soular Energy (unopened)

Led Zeppelin - How the West was Won