Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

High five, I don't feel so stupid now. A bunch of people on the other music forum I post on got it as well.

My only concern on vinyl is this: Now that trend is doing his own thing sans big record labels, will the vinyl have different mastering than the digital version. And you know it was created digitally to begin with.

I think I may get the high rez down the line.

Well, there are few more things to go through (e.g., inspection, actual finance approval) but we just signed the P&S for a house. The closing is in few weeks and assuming everything goes as planned, we'll have our own house!

Congrats, where will you be moving to?

Well, there are few more things to go through (e.g., inspection, actual finance approval) but we just signed the P&S for a house. The closing is in few weeks and assuming everything goes as planned, we'll have our own house!

Sweet! You're about an hour and 15 from my house, I think that's mini-meet range. :)

anyways, and off topic, with the newest demise of my speaker system, i haven't been listening to music much, while doing other tasks, and i find that my concentration level is much, much higher. yeah, yeah, before anyone says "der dee der der der, Einstein," i've been listening to music in the background for years, and i've produced some pretty damn high level work.

I definitely concentrate better without music, but without music the work just gets totally unbearable and I don't get any done at all, so it's a fair tradeoff. :P

Thanks guys.

I'll be moving to Townsend, MA, which is about 19 miles southwest of Nashua. It's out in nowhere area, but that's just the way we like it.

Wow, Townsend is out there a bit. I hope that you don't work in Boston. If so, you have a heck of a commute. :(

From 1981-1985 I lived in Acton, MA. I used to fly gliders on the weekends at Pepperell, right next door to Townsend. Things probably have changed somewhat since then.

i've never sat in an Equa before. i love the aluminum group Eames chairs (we have some of those at work, too), but i've never found them for decent prices. the Eames is probably the most comfortable long term chair i've ever used, though you have to break them in a bit, and the casters are kind of delicate. Aerons are vastly overrated, in my opinion.

I've wanted an Eames chair forever, way too costly for me though. I've never felt the Aeron was comfy but some seem to. The Equa is nice but the padding is a bit flat now.

a NIB old style Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. i don't like the new ones with the chicklet keys, and my kensington slimtype is on its last legs, so what the hell.

nice. i just got the newer bluetooth keyboard. i had the old style wired one but that one crapped on me yesterday.

i do, however, still have the old style bluetooth mouse. one button works for me fine.

nice. i just got the newer bluetooth keyboard. i had the old style wired one but that one crapped on me yesterday.

i do, however, still have the old style bluetooth mouse. one button works for me fine.

I have an old style bluetooth keyboard and mouse I'll be selling at some point. I need wired, and I like the chicklets (I need wired for the kvm)

If I can sell my airport extreme N I'd be interested in a time capsule. Curious as to how well it'd work as a home for itunes media files :)

It took some effort but the TC is working. I decided that since it's an "n" router, I decided to use it for my router instead of my Motorola cable modem/''g'' router. So the TC is connected via the ethernet wan connection to the Motorola. I wanted to run it wireless from there but had an issue that I couldn't resolve so I connected the TC for now by ethernet to my mac mini. I moved 457gb of music from my usb drive to the TC without a problem. It took no longer than 8 hours for the transfer. The two pc notebooks and a macbook found the TC and I was able to run Time Machine on the mac for backup and I was able to transfer wirelessly a bunch of files from my Vaio notebook. I only tested itunes with the TC this morning to see if it played and it did.

It took some effort but the TC is working. I decided that since it's an "n" router, I decided to use it for my router instead of my Motorola cable modem/''g'' router. So the TC is connected via the ethernet wan connection to the Motorola. I wanted to run it wireless from there but had an issue that I couldn't resolve so I connected the TC for now by ethernet to my mac mini. I moved 457gb of music from my usb drive to the TC without a problem. It took no longer than 8 hours for the transfer. The two pc notebooks and a macbook found the TC and I was able to run Time Machine on the mac for backup and I was able to transfer wirelessly a bunch of files from my Vaio notebook. I only tested itunes with the TC this morning to see if it played and it did.

What I want to do is use the TC as my router, but stream media wirelessly to my mini. What issue are you having with wireless?

What I want to do is use the TC as my router, but stream media wirelessly to my mini. What issue are you having with wireless?

Like the Airport Express, there is a blinking amber light that needs to turn green. I was unable to get the TC to turn green wirelessly. The mac mini was unable to find it. Once I connected it using ethernet, it went solid green. I am sure it will work wirelessly with the mini, I just ran out of patience trying to figure it out. I am pretty certain that if you were doing it, it would not be a problem.

Like the Airport Express, there is a blinking amber light that needs to turn green. I was unable to get the TC to turn green wirelessly. The mac mini was unable to find it. Once I connected it using ethernet, it went solid green. I am sure it will work wirelessly with the mini, I just ran out of patience trying to figure it out. I am pretty certain that if you were doing it, it would not be a problem.

The easiest way to config them is over ethernet. Once you've done that you should be able to unplug.