Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Bunch of buttons

Yet another pair of shoes (only one pair, though, despite having been in at least 5 stores that sold shoes)

some candy

a couple sacd's

Goldfrapp, Seventh Tree, special edition

At CompUSA -- nuthin'. They had a bunch of laptops. but they weren't discounting them anything special, as far as I could tell. They did have quite a bit of memory, and a big display for US$10 that probably could have acted as Elephas' or spritzer's headphone rack, but I don't need that much, so I passed. Need to check two computers here to see what kind of memory they take, going back tomorrow.

Mogami 2534, Banana plugs, cheap RCAs, heatshrink :prettyprincess:

I'm going to make a balanced cable for my HD580 to use the RCAs of the VDA-2, but am I correct in assuming that instead of Signal/GND to each driver I replace with Signal/inverse signal (180deg phase) ?

Hell yeah KG! Now you can make the most of those full-size pics! What do you have on it for a lens?

hurry: The Black hatters still have a couple left in stock, doubt they will last the weekend. I was on the

waiting list for 5 months...

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/dsc_0011.jpg

Same lenses i had from the other camera. That is the great thing about buying the right lenses the first

time. And the second time and the 3rd time...

17-35 f2.8 ED-IF-AF-S

28-70 f2.8 ED-IF-AF-S

70-200 f2.8 ED-IF-AF-S-VR

105 f2.8 macro (the old one)

2X teleconverter

Will buy the new PC lens once it is actually available.

And probably the new ring flash setup, although my old ring flash actually

does work in i-ttl mode with this camera, would not with the old camera which

made it virtually impossible to use.

I'm actually planning on making some money with this, just like i did with the last

one, so its not really a toy.

Nice Kevin, a paid shooting gig would be cool. What are you going to do with the old body, backup?

I was going to keep it as a backup, but the difference is so great i don't see how i could use that old

thing ever again. Of course I'm spoiled. Ebay they are going for about $1000, so the first offer of $800

or more gets it. Comes with 5 EXTREMELY USED batteries with no more than 25% capacity left. Would work

great as a studio camera powered by the included brick. And you will need your own lenses. No compactflash

cards or lenses included. Fully up to date firmware. Fully supported by photoshop cs2 or cs3 in raw mode.

firewire connection very problematic from the very start. May work with an apple firewire connection.

hurry: The Black hatters still have a couple left in stock, doubt they will last the weekend. I was on the

waiting list for 5 months...

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/dsc_0011.jpg

Same lenses i had from the other camera. That is the great thing about buying the right lenses the first

time. And the second time and the 3rd time...

17-35 f2.8 ED-IF-AF-S

28-70 f2.8 ED-IF-AF-S

70-200 f2.8 ED-IF-AF-S-VR

105 f2.8 macro (the old one)

2X teleconverter

Will buy the new PC lens once it is actually available.

And probably the new ring flash setup, although my old ring flash actually

does work in i-ttl mode with this camera, would not with the old camera which

made it virtually impossible to use.

I'm actually planning on making some money with this, just like i did with the last

one, so its not really a toy.

Why is that flash pointed forward? I notice you have a diffuser/whatever on it, but still.

Man, I'm definitely in the long line of work.

Well it's good but not quite the perfectly ideal job - I did overwork this winter, and there's no coworkers appropriate for learning from or bouncing non-trivial ideas off of (there was 1 at the last job). Now I have to be the responsible one, grr. Fortunately, it's at the point where I think/hope I can somewhat coast for a while :D

A pair of apuresound V3 recabled and balanced Grado RS-1s. :D

Thanks Jack. O0

Oh hell yeah! I heard a pair of the V3 recabled RS-1s at the Dallas meet. They are damn nice buddy! Have you heard Alex's cables before? If not you're in for a treat IMO.

Congrats!!!

I know 3 people that have zunes and each one of them had a problem ranging from minor to major within the first 4 months of owning it. This includes the replacement zunes they recieved when their players died.

I also really meant it when I said that I can't live without an MP3 player. That includes the 5 days or so it would take to ship me the player.