Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

It strikes rarely, but it strikes hard.

For example, on my iphone, the art for Congregation (johnny griffin) is fine. In iTunes and Foobar on pc, it is all gray, save for the top 15 percent of the image.

The more common form is when i upload parts of my library to my ipod or iphone, and there is no cover art whatsoever. And its not like I disconnect while its loading or whatever.

I think I like flac better for pc playback; I can keep the image in a folder. (Plus it wont be downgraded the way it does sometimes in iTunes).

I also want larger images then commonly found on the net.

aardvark, the new foobar is really fantastic and easy to setup. I love the folder view. I think foobar could also be used to convert ALAC to FLAC with the right plugins. I use it for all my MP3 and WAV conversions.

I'm going to try this tonight.

I already have the ALAC decoder dll for foobar for playback. If it can convert straight to flac (bypassing the whole wav process) then I'm sold.

:) YAY = ALAC > FLAC

:( NAY = ALAC > WAV > FLAC

i used to use XLD on mac os x, so I had to go from FLAC to AIFF to ALAC. Worked fine, but Max allows me to go from FLAC directly to ALAC. Haven't noticed a difference at all, but whatev.

The thing for me is, since I'm using EAC on a pc to rip, it would be easier to switch to flac anyway.

The album art thing was the final straw.

Actually, that and the fact that every once in a while an ALAC file will stop playing mid-song on my iphone and go to the next song. I check the same song on the pc and the whole song plays. That is very rare, but my guess is its a buffer issue.

Actually, that and the fact that every once in a while an ALAC file will stop playing mid-song on my iphone and go to the next song. I check the same song on the pc and the whole song plays. That is very rare, but my guess is its a buffer issue.

alac on iPhone? ouch. I use 192 VBR AAC on my iPhone. works great for me.

alac on iPhone? ouch. I use 192 VBR AAC on my iPhone. works great for me.

I have some 192 aac too, but I got tired of constantly encoding wav to alac, then encoding alac to aac, so I just went back to puting the lossless on the phone. I use the iphone to hear whatever music is most recent, as I am always buying stuff. It gets changed several times a week anyway.

------

Update; yes, foobar does convert alac to flac in one step :dance:.

Now I have to set up the folder structure, re-encode, then scan all my album covers.

May as well get started...

Got my new Nikon D3 this morning.

I just don't know how i lived with my old kodak slr/n for so long...

Pictures tomorrow...

7 hours to charge the battery from empty...

If you had cryo'd the battery you would e shooting pic's right now. O0