Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

One last buy before the job screw over?

Mike, I'll send good wishes your daughter's way.

Exactly. Figuring out what I like between my choices before I start selling off gear if it comes to that. I do have a job teaching at a Tech camp this summer at least that provides housing and food, so I'm taken care of until fall on my savings at least.

I wish your daughter the best of luck on her surgery tyrion, I can't imagine how you must feel.

Nice shoes, do they come in...er...a better color for me? Reddish brown is just not my thing, although I'm sure they look good on you.

WTH is a "driving shoe", do you really wear special shoes just for driving? Or did you get them mostly just for the looks?

I don't drive an awful lot, but when I do, I'm told I drive "jerky". Do they have special shoes for that? If I wear special shoes, will I become a better driver? Maybe I should start blaming the fact that I'm not wearing driving shoes...

:P

Nice shoes, do they come in...er...a better color for me? Reddish brown is just not my thing, although I'm sure they look good on you.

WTH is a "driving shoe", do you really wear special shoes just for driving? Or did you get them mostly just for the looks?

I don't drive an awful lot, but when I do, I'm told I drive "jerky". Do they have special shoes for that? If I wear special shoes, will I become a better driver? Maybe I should start blaming the fact that I'm not wearing driving shoes...

LOL....

You may need special shoes, but not for driving.....

Actually, I bought these because the footwell in the Miata is compact, and all my normal size 11.5's were too clumsy. These do actually have a purpose though. The shoe is a bit stiffer in the sole and the sole is thin to provide better pedal feel. The right shoe has that extended black area wrapping up around the right side (you see it in the pic) that helps facilitate heel & toe downshifting - the act of braking with your right foot but simultaneously blipping the throttle with the outside of that foot. This helps match engine revs for smoother downshifts.

Yes, I bought them for the looks. :P And the color is Saddle. And to be totally ghey I got them because they closely match the color of the leather in the car......

They also come in oxblood, black and soy brown.

:P

LOL....

You may need special shoes, but not for driving.....

Actually, I bought these because the footwell in the Miata is compact, and all my normal size 11.5's were too clumsy. These do actually have a purpose though. The shoe is a bit stiffer in the sole and the sole is thin to provide better pedal feel. The right shoe has that extended black area wrapping up around the right side (you see it in the pic) that helps facilitate heel & toe downshifting - the act of braking with your right foot but simultaneously blipping the throttle with the outside of that foot. This helps match engine revs for smoother downshifts.

Yes, I bought them for the looks. :P And the color is Saddle. And to be totally ghey I got them because they closely match the color of the leather in the car......

They also come in oxblood, black and soy brown.

Exactly - I used driving shoes when I was doing SCCA autocross with my turbocharged Subaru (Impreza RS with aftermarket turbo 233whp and upgraded suspension and brakes). I was 2nd place rookie in CO my first year, and the next year 2nd place State in Street Mod category. Then I got too sick to do it anymore after I coughed up a quart of blood at my last race in 2001. Up until that time I was sole proprietor of SubaruPlanet.com which I eventually had to give up too (which was a nice side job for extra income and sponsored my racing).

But the shoes REALLY helped, although some nice Hoosier race tires and coil-overs helped more. The scary part is how fast the stock Miatas with Hoosiers were - most of the time they beat everyone out there because of the handling. I was beating Corvettes and BMW M3 but half the time the Miatas were faster than me. I sometimes wished I hadn't sold my 1993 Miata. Once I did win the 1000 point top score against 47 other cars, including the Miatas, but the weather was dumping icy rainy sleet on the course at the time and with AWD it was like taking candy from a baby... ;D

The scary part is how fast the stock Miatas with Hoosiers were - most of the time they beat everyone out there because of the handling. I was beating Corvettes and BMW M3 but half the time the Miatas were faster than me.

Yep, on a tight twisty course the Miata (and even my former MINI) is hard to beat due the excellent balance and overall handling. Now throw a couple of long straights in there and they are dead meat. But on a tight course many a Corvette or better has been embarrased.

Yep, on a tight twisty course the Miata (and even my former MINI) is hard to beat due the excellent balance and overall handling. Now throw a couple of long straights in there and they are dead meat. But on a tight course many a Corvette or better has been embarrased.

I went back to look at my old SubaruPlanet.com website, and the new owner has left my old blog, mods and photos pages up as a tribute I guess. I thought it was cool that parts of the site still have all my old ramblings, as I re-read my articles on the Detroit Auto Show and the Subaru Ride and Drive event. On the photo page it mentions where I used my Harley as a trade-in for my Miata - I sure miss both!

On topic - I bought a 160gb Apple TV this weekend.