Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

It is actually the 627 version with Black Gates... whats the deal with the 744? I have not followed the portable thing in years. Worth me swapping it in?

edit: No no its not... Ill take my veiled dark muddy 627 thank you :P

Here's the deal re 744 from Phil. It's his preferred opamp for the PRII.

http://www.ipastudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20456&postcount=1

I bought a X-Can v3.

I still don't know why. :kitty:

I wonder how it would go with my ATH-ESW9s, that I also don't know why I bought (but I'm happy I did).

ooooh. Nate, whatcha building?

I just dropped way too much money on three-month package (3X weekly) with a personal trainer at her home. I've worked out my whole life, but after my last ankle surgery, got lazy, got busy, got lazier, and then turned into a potato-chip-munching slug. I'm not fat, but my muscle tone is crapola and I have hips I never had before. I finally decided that I need a kick in the ass so my ass doesn't get any bigger. Sad, but money on the line tends to motivate me. I'm actually excited. If I have to be 47, that's fine with me, but I refuse to limp into middle-life all flabby and accepting. Ain't happening. Going to meet with her now. Gonna sell some gear later.

I just dropped way too much money on three-month package (3X weekly) with a personal trainer at her home. I've worked out my whole life, but after my last ankle surgery, got lazy, got busy, got lazier, and then turned into a potato-chip-munching slug. I'm not fat, but my muscle tone is crapola and I have hips I never had before. I finally decided that I need a kick in the ass so my ass doesn't get any bigger. Sad, but money on the line tends to motivate me. I'm actually excited. If I have to be 47, that's fine with me, but I refuse to limp into middle-life all flabby and accepting. Ain't happening. Going to meet with her now. Gonna sell some gear later.

Congrats; that is truly money well spent. There are so many advantages to having a personal trainer as you step back into the shape and lifestyle that will carry you though the next several decades. With three months of dedicated help, you will develop great form and get the most out of your workout. Nutrition also plays a huge part. After this, all you need is periodic maintenance to switch things up; not perform the same exercises over and over. I am lucky (or is it cursed) that my gf is at the moment my trainer, my nutritionist, and my motivation to stay in shape (50+ is itself a challenge).

It will soon become a way of life. I love hitting the gym these days; it's one of the places I can think. I just hate cardio.......

Better heart rate and breath control can only lead to better critical listening skills . . I hope.

Nate - Nice cones, dude......

Congrats; that is truly money well spent. There are so many advantages to having a personal trainer as you step back into the shape and lifestyle that will carry you though the next several decades. With three months of dedicated help, you will develop great form and get the most out of your workout. Nutrition also plays a huge part. After this, all you need is periodic maintenance to switch things up; not perform the same exercises over and over. I am lucky (or is it cursed) that my gf is at the moment my trainer, my nutritionist, and my motivation to stay in shape (50+ is itself a challenge).

It will soon become a way of life. I love hitting the gym these days; it's one of the places I can think. I just hate cardio.......

Better heart rate and breath control can only lead to better critical listening skills . . I hope.

I know. The past year and a half has been the only time in my life that I haven't worked out or been involved in some physical activity. I can't believe I let myself go like this...ugh. About four years back I also dated my trainer, but that didn't work out so well when I dumped him (he was way too into himself), and going to the gym became something to avoid since he worked there and turned into a real ass every time I showed up.

Anyway, I just met with the trainers (husband and wife) and handed over two-weeks pay just for starters. Good thing I got a hefty bonus last month...Thrice is probably laughing since he knows why. They work out of their home, and I gotta say their cardio room is nice as it's also a very large home theater room. I think I'm going to like these people. I'm allowed to show up whenever I want, walk on in, choose what I want to watch and/or listen to and get going, and as long as I show up 5-6 days a week for cardio on my own, they give a "discount" (minimal) on the weight training three times a week. You don't show up for cardio, they raise the rates on personal training. That works for me.

So, this is my last purchase, since I now need to double my protein intake and I don't eat any animal products at all. I'm now officially broke.

PeaProteinJugsNewLG.jpg

Nate, that's a gorgeous cabinet. My grandfather used to build beautiful furniture as a hobby. I wish I could have learned from him before he died.