What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

my version of pascale's manale bbq shrimp.

3 lbs of shrimp

2 lbs of butter

2 cups of worchestershire sauce

2 cups of freshly crushed rosemary

1 cup of freshly cracked peppercorn

45 minutes in the oven at 350, then separate shrimp from sauce, shell and clean shrimp, then recombine and serve with crusty french bread (or over rice, if you can't eat wheat)

For tonight:

4 pounds 85% lean grass fed ground beef, mixed with Worcesteshire sauce, chopped red onion, garlic mixed in and made into patties.

Avocado, tomatillo, tomato salad

Grilled portobello mushroom, red and yellow peppers, onions with a balsamic vinegar, olive oil vinaigrette sauce.

With the onset of colder weather, yesterday was declared meatloaf day. Meatloaf is another big batch preparation for me, as it's actually better after the first time (which in the case of this meatloaf recipe is really saying something). Here, in my big mixing bowl, over twelve pounds of ground round, ground pork, ground turkey, ground lamb, bread crumbs, chopped white onion, minced garlic, lightly beaten egg, seasoning salt, fresh cracked black pepper, worchestershire sauce, lemon juice, sweet paprika, ground smoked chipotle pepper, oregano, rosemary, and Herbes de Provence get aquainted and await being well mixed by hand (literally; the only way).

4071436661_2a5520d5c4_b.jpg

After being weighed into equal four pound portions, the meatloaf mix got shaped into three "young footballs" and put into a 350F oven for their two hour bake with tonights russet potatoes. The house smelled wonderfully.

4072199536_b01a653ff5_b.jpg

Glazed with barbeque sauce for the last twenty minutes, here are two of the finished meatloafs. I generally freeze them in individual halves, each half providing two future meals for SWMBO and I.

4072200072_b7ee7a5a8c_b.jpg

The finished plate. Served with steamed dressed green beans with toasted almonds and a loaded baked potato with a glass of cab. Very well received. IMHO, other dinners may be as good, but none are better. Yes, the spaniels scored. :D

4071438523_a68763844f_b.jpg

but I'm not a big fan of minced garlic -- I like to stab them with garlic cloves at the last minute. Just a touch.

The minced garlic was not physically noticeable in the cooked meatloaf - just a light kiss. The chopped onions maintained reasonable texture, which was desired.

Home made chicken tortilla soup

Home made chicken stock (2 chicken carcasses, 1 medium onion, 2 stalks of celery, 1/4 cup of salt)

3 cups of crushed corn tortilla chips

2 cups of freshly ground chile powder (cumin, rosemary, ancho chile)

Oh and combined with 2 day old rotel based salsa

:(

I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.

I could murder some poutine right now.

Edited by Hopstretch