What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

i keep reminding myself as i tend to forget especially when i am hungry, but i must masticate my food until it's utter mush. i believe it helps with digestion.
Yeah, I should chew more as well. But I don't like masticating in public.

Nuts and seeds -- unchewed -- can get hung up in less than iron constitutions, swell, and cause blockages (ask Tyll, amongst others). So ignore pedant-head for today, he seems to be on the warpath.

Pics from my family's trip to the Heart Attack Grill in Chandler, AZ. I blame all of you. Especially Peter.

Definitely the greasiest burger I've ever had. I had the Double Bypass burger. The Lard fries were fairly bland, Hot Doug's Duck Fat fries were much better, and even In N Out fries were better.

Overall, I think the copious use of lard is not really necessary. Lard doesn't really go well with potatoes or meat. But man O man, the buns soaked with lard were excellent. I think a lard soaked grilled cheese sandwich would be even better. But there's nothing like 1lb of beef in a single hamburger.

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_01.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_02.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_03.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_04.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_05.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_06.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_07.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_08.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_09.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_10.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_11.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_12.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_13.jpg

Edwood_HeartAttackGrill_14.jpg

-Ed

Heh, I actually bought a half-dozen blue crabs last Wednesday. There's an asian market nearby here that has a pretty decent seafood section, including some live fish. Everybody in the store seemed to be going for the live crabs so I jumped on board. No idea where they were from but they were definitely fresh and tasty. Ended up making some very meaty crab cakes, just enough egg & bread crumbs to hold it all barely together for the frying process. Excellent.

Serious learning curve to cleaning a blue crab. I used pretty much everything but the lungs, only got a couple pieces of shell or cartilege in the mix. Took me over an hour to cook and clean 6.

Edited by NightWoundsTime