Post what you're watching

deepak

I too enjoyed Dr. Horrible.

Definitely chime in with what you think of "Wonderfalls". It definitely ranks among my favorite series. And it's one of the few that may have benefitted from cancellation as the concept may have worn thin if it lasted longer. The short run let them bring things to a logical conclusion without overstaying its welcome.

not really watching.. since it's a book. but er get to read The Life Giving Sword today, while the acura dealership switches a part on my door. With some luck, the swap will go off without a hitch, and I won't return with more problems, when all I started with was a cosmetic blemish on the grips.

Thsi weekend I made my way through season 1 of weeds. When I hit "the punishment light" I was so appalled at the writers, I am done with the series. The character buildup was fantastic, until this one episode where Nancy was just destroyed. I finished the season, and I have no motivation to continue on.

The random encounter with the other drug dealer. It's not as if she was 'lonely' looking for fun.. she just met that nice Peter guy. She screws this dirty, ugly, dealer. Makes no sense, and is so uncharacteristic. It was as if the writer was like, well shes in trouble so rather than working out a deal with him to share territory (or the other deal he makes in teh next episode), lets let her get out of trouble with her vagina. Bullshit.

I'm 4 episodes into Wonderfalls and I'm enjoying tremendously. Thanks for the tip Ian.

Excellent... Glad you're enjoying it. I think it's great!

As for Weeds, IMO it's still better than most of what's on these days, especially now that summer's here and there's nothing on. Is it uneven? Yes. Is Nancy a horrible mother and/or person. At times. But I still enjoy it.

And Jacob, this season has made some pretty big improvements since the first few episodes. You might want to give it another shot. Though I'm a big fan of Julie Bowen, whose role is growing. So I may be biased!

you funny.

I get that shes a fucking drug dealer, but please. The appeal of the show was the casting of a dealer into a mother of children who were stricken with the death of the loving father. Now shes just a drug lord who has to deal with some pesky children who are out of control. Meh. I'll spend my time elsewhere.

From a drug dealer's perspective, that show is all sorts of wrong (inaccurate). I know a few people who can't watch it at all because it's just too innacurate.

I on the other hand enjoyt he show for the most part. And like Ian said, it's Summer. There aren't many other choices. And it has gotten better over the last few weeks.