Post what you're watching

deepak

After several months of goading, a friend finally pushed the Lost Season 1 DVDs on me, so I'm giving them a shot. I'd watched the first few episodes of season 1 last year, and it didn't really do it for me, but I just watched episode 4, and it was pretty good.

I have a working theory that it takes up to 4 episodes of any given show to "grow" on you, and if it hasn't by then, it probably won't. It doesn't often happen with just one episode anymore.

i find the US Office to be uncomfortable to watch, but i've only been through season 1. i like the UK Office.

To me, the 1st season of the US Office is difficult to watch, too. It seemed like they were trying to take that uncomfortable feeling that kept popping up in the UK version and push it further. Starting in the 2nd season, I think they found their own voice, and things hit their stride. The biggest difference is that I felt that David Brent was an ass, but maintained a balance that kept him believable. The only charachter that ever felt a little over the top was Gareth, but Mackenzie Crook did such a good job that he managed to stay just on the right side of the line. In the US version I think Michael is more of a caricature, as are Dwight and Andy. Don't get me wrong, I still adore the US version, but the thing I find lacking, especially when compared the UK version, is it doesn't have that sense of realism.