Denon AH-D2000--big disappointment.

boomana

or W3000 ;) I've been rockin' these at work lately, very nice...I think I'm finally starting to "get" these headphones. I know I've said that before, but I'm now to the point where parting with these would be difficult.
Yeah, but there are -- what? -- two of those in the world? I didn't want to just frustrate him.

So...what's the car situation, what ended up happening with that?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but there are -- what? -- two of those in the world? I didn't want to just frustrate him.

So...what's the car situation, what ended up happening with that?

Everything has been settled. It took a lot of gear, but we're up and driving again....well my wife is...I take the bus to work and just started walking home.... it's just too nice out to not walk. I also need the exercise.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the D2000 for a little over a week now. For dynamic headphones I don't think they're that bad, it sure is hard to listen to them after electrostats though :rock:

They beat the DT880 and DT990 by a mile which I couldn't stand. And are better than the HD580 at low listening levels, which I find need to be cranked up to sound good. The Senns have a more even FR when turned up.

That's my 2c.

They beat the DT880 and DT990 by a mile which I couldn't stand.

I actually kept the DT-880 and sold the d2000, I couldn't stand the overpowering bass, and mad crazy highs. And people say they can't stand the highs of the DT-880s, which I think are fine. I also enjoyed the airier sound signature of the 880's. But from what I've seen from lurking these forums theres a fuck load of anti DT-880'ers here.

I actually kept the DT-880 and sold the d2000, I couldn't stand the overpowering bass, and mad crazy highs. And people say they can't stand the highs of the DT-880s, which I think are fine. I also enjoyed the airier sound signature of the 880's. But from what I've seen from lurking these forums theres a fuck load of anti DT-880'ers here.

2005s suck. 2003s are good.

People around here like them only when paired with a Raptor.
Not true. I hate the ©Raptor, I like the DT880. I prefer the newer model to the older model, but I even remember liking the older model. Listened to it out of a Balanced Max with the Diamond buffers. Easily one of the best solid state headphone listening experiences.

Buncha haters, uck-foo-yay to all o' ya.

Not true. I hate the ©Raptor, I like the DT880. I prefer the newer model to the older model, but I even remember liking the older model. Listened to it out of a Balanced Max with the Diamond buffers. Easily one of the best solid state headphone listening experiences.

Buncha haters, uck-foo-yay to all o' ya.

I was just fooling around. :P

I've never heard a Raptor in fact, but all the heat and fire stories are very funny. I didn't like the DT880 very much when I had them, but they were not bad, just unnatural and slightly boring to my ears.

I'll break it down why the DT880 is a piece of shit:

-awful shrill piercing highs

-terrible midrange, unnatural and cold. Horrible midrange timbre

-bass light with poor extension

At least with the D2000 it's more of a Grado PS-1-ish sort of presentation where the bass is overpowering but the rest of the headphone isn't so terrible.

Moot point since the Omega 2 crushes both of them.

I'll break it down why the DT880 is a piece of shit:

-awful shrill piercing highs

-terrible midrange, unnatural and cold. Horrible midrange timbre

-bass light with poor extension

At least with the D2000 it's more of a Grado PS-1-ish sort of presentation where the bass is overpowering but the rest of the headphone isn't so terrible.

Moot point since the Omega 2 crushes both of themspeakers are pure win.

FIFY

If they are anything short of a triple stacked Quad ESL or Sound Lab Majestic's then no... ;)

The owner of Sound Lab is a very nice guy. Was willing to set up an audition for the Majestic 945 with a private owner even though I told him I couldn't purchase them in the immediate future.