Denon AH-D2000--big disappointment.

boomana

i don't know about that.

i've been looking around this place. a few interesting threads. but for every 10 pages of content, if one could call it that, there is maybe 3 pages of audio discussion and the rest is swearing or other remarks that people think are witty and amusing. it seems like a little club for those who hate and want to bash products by rsa, rudi, and woo (and who also were expelled from head-fi) but who love KG stuff. and if you listen to or like the former you are a moron and your opinions are meaningless, but if you like the latter, then you know the "truth" about audio. seems like bull to me. a bunch of guys who maybe took EE 101 and think they know everything.

A tourette syndrom doesn't qualify for a ban here, that's for sure.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know about that.

i've been looking around this place. a few interesting threads. but for every 10 pages of content, if one could call it that, there is maybe 3 pages of audio discussion and the rest is swearing or other remarks that people think are witty and amusing. it seems like a little club for those who hate and want to bash products by rsa, rudi, and woo (and who also were expelled from head-fi) but who love KG stuff. and if you listen to or like the former you are a moron and your opinions are meaningless, but if you like the latter, then you know the "truth" about audio. seems like bull to me. a bunch of guys who maybe took EE 101 and think they know everything.

Meh. And head-fi consists of large numbers of people butt-kissing their favorite products. Iono which flavor is better man. In both groups there are interesting people...those people seem to appear on this forum and the other, but frankly the nature of this place not being polluted with large numbers of recommendation requests is already more interesting. I cannot tell a newbie to 'fuck off and go read' on head-fi, I have to be polite, which is annoying to put it mildly. New people don't deserve half the info they are provided with there and yet no-one tells them that. Society is grand.

then how about this: i delete your account and you never have to worry about coming back here ever again, shithead. let me know if that sounds good to you.

Does this forum have an exclusionary policy?

I've read some of the guidelines and rules threads, but I haven't seen anything specific about the criteria for membership here.

Presumably having a thick skin is one requirement. Being called a shithead by an administrator does tend to test one's patience and temper.

Elephas, I think the nature of this board is to both call it like you see it (whether right or wrong or in-between). There's also the carry-over from head-fi and other forums. It's not like there's a clean slate by signing up. Then there's a respect the house thing going on. Kinda like the Ugly American syndrome, where tourists burst into another country and start throwing themselves around without taking the time to get to know much of anything about where they're at. Perhaps a bit vicious to call them out on it. I don't know. Sometimes playing nice isn't a better way to go at all.

he deserved it as soon as he started whining about how terrible big bad head-case is. besides, all i did was ask him if he wanted his account deleted so that he didn't have to worry about ever coming here again and not liking it.

I realize there's a bit of "anything goes" here, and the general sense that people who can't stand the heat should leave.

The reason I asked about forum policy is because you are an Administrator. I think people tend to read posts by Admins and Moderators a bit differently than regular users.

I recall moderators on Head-Fi stating that they are members first and moderators second. They insisted on the right to post their own views and not be restricted in any way. This may be the case, but the fact remains that some people may view their posts differently. Whether the moderators intend it or not, their posts can often be perceived as more "official" or to be "more authoritative" in some ways.

My view is that new members are more likely to become agitated by hostile posts from Admins and Mods. They are more likely to feel unwelcome and leave.

Since this seemed to have happened, and you are an Administrator, I ask if there is an official policy regarding who is welcome and who is not, or any kind of criteria?

Since this seemed to have happened, and you are an Administrator, I ask if there is an official policy regarding who is welcome and who is not, or any kind of criteria?

Almost anyone's welcome until they prove otherwise. Once someone's proven themselves to be an ass, the self-policing nature of the forum takes over, and members and admins/mods alike are free to point out to said person just how much of an ass he or she is. If they can handle it, they shape up and hang around. If they can't, they turn tail and run. It's win-win, really.

I realize there's a bit of "anything goes" here, and the general sense that people who can't stand the heat should leave.

The reason I asked about forum policy is because you are an Administrator. I think people tend to read posts by Admins and Moderators a bit differently than regular users.

Yes -- pictures, or it didn't happen.

my main problem with him was the fact that he was unwilling to accept anyone's opinion here on his apache or the b52. to me he seemd like a stuck-up, pompous head-fi user who's unwilling to accept the fact that the information that he reads on head-fi or gets from head-fi members isn't the be-all-end-all of audio. apprently to him, some of us here are high schoolers with limited education or knowledge in electrical engineering and have no idea what the fuck we are talking about. that's enough to get shit from me, i don't know about anyone else here.

aside from that, he did also post shit about his amps and the forum without doing his research and figuring out what this place is all about. first thing i did when i got here was read that ruh roh thread, and damn, i knew what was good and what wasn't here. easy as that.

I recall moderators on Head-Fi stating that they are members first and moderators second. They insisted on the right to post their own views and not be restricted in any way. This may be the case, but the fact remains that some people may view their posts differently. Whether the moderators intend it or not, their posts can often be perceived as more "official" or to be "more authoritative" in some ways.

My view is that new members are more likely to become agitated by hostile posts from Admins and Mods. They are more likely to feel unwelcome and leave.

Yeah but that point of view, where administrators/moderator posts have more authority/officialness when it comes to matters of opinion, is one that people here should not have. They should disabuse themselves of that point of view asap or else we'll end up with a pack of sheep/yes men here as well.

Though I'll admit I've been tempted by posts from Edipis to sell all my headphone shit and go into speakers full throttle (sarcastic).