Denon AH-D2000--big disappointment.

boomana

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone is welcome to join, but not everyone is welcome to stay. complaining in the way he complained is always going to make one unwelcome here.

Understood, sir, yes sir!

Yeah but that point of view, where administrators/moderator posts have more authority/officialness when it comes to matters of opinion, is one that people here should not have. They should disabuse themselves of that point of view asap or else we'll end up with a pack of sheep/yes men here as well.

Regarding gear impressions, I don't think admins and mods have more credibility, but I think they do have more authority when it is about forum behavior and attitude. For example, no member could have posted the "would you like me to delete your account?"

I find it very hard to believe most members here could become sheep/yes men. For example, Icarium is so completely bonkers no one will follow him and he has no one to follow.

Understood, sir, yes sir!

Regarding gear impressions, I don't think admins and mods have more credibility, but I think they do have more authority when it is about forum behavior and attitude. For example, no member could have posted the "would you like me to delete your account?"

I find it very hard to believe most members here could become sheep/yes men. For example, Icarium is so completely bonkers no one will follow him and he has no one to follow.

If loving Qualias equates to being bonkers than I will only be satisfied with the level of bonkers that I will be recognized as having when I have enough Qualias to swim in like Scrooge Mcduck. Probably next year this will be an actuality.

If loving Qualias equates to being bonkers than I will only be satisfied with the level of bonkers that I will be recognized as having when I have enough Qualias to swim in like Scrooge Mcduck. Probably next year this will be an actuality.

I don't think he was specifically referring to your love of the 010. But it's Elephas; many people are "bonkers" to him.

Oh I know! <3 Elephas. I was just thinking about my defining headphone personality (Besides being a weird asshole which is indeed inline with bonkers) and the fact that I essentially have gone cost no object... that the headphone I ended up with is the Qualias. A lot of people don't even put it on their topmost tier (Where usually something like HE90/R10 maybe K1000 as well sits). I mean sure there's people like Philodox who wholeheartedly embraces the K340, but I think even he will admit that if he had 0 issues with spending 20k with a rig (Not at all saying he can't afford it but it takes a certain crazy to spend that much in a rig in the first place) might go with something else.

And why have 3 Qualias? I can't even answer that one. Neilvg had 3 HE90s (And 2 HEV90s) and uh.. Ken36? or KenW one of those had 3 K1ks... and several have had 4 R10s though there is the bass light/bass heavy versions. There really is no reason to have that many though. Certainly a little bit weird.

And I want more. Oh many more. At least 1-2 blue ones. Some actually NOS not just close to NOS ones. Mmmm more.

Elephas, I think the nature of this board is to both call it like you see it (whether right or wrong or in-between). There's also the carry-over from head-fi and other forums. It's not like there's a clean slate by signing up. Then there's a respect the house thing going on. Kinda like the Ugly American syndrome, where tourists burst into another country and start throwing themselves around without taking the time to get to know much of anything about where they're at. Perhaps a bit vicious to call them out on it. I don't know. Sometimes playing nice isn't a better way to go at all.

Boomana, I am a newebie who agrees with you 100% (and I'm not trying to kiss your ass). As a newbie it is not up to me to come in here and tell y'all how to run your board. If I don't like it here then it is up to me to decide that and leave. Personally I like it here and plan on staying

I think it's cool that you rock the Qualias. It's just a matter of system-matching to synergize with their strengths...

If I had loads of money, I'd try an electrostat setup - either the HE-90 or Stax Omega.

Of course, "loads of money" is pretty subjective. But if I had loads of money, I'd try to duplicate neilvg's setup. It's the best I've ever heard. It has nothing to do with a Denon AH-D2000 though.

• 5 months later...

Looks like a pretty good deal at Amazon right now. I've been thinking of trying these as I need some closed cans that won't break the bank. Do I pull the trigger? I have to admit that I haven't loved them when I've heard them, but I think they have potential as I've heard them mostly on crap equipment. Whaddya think?

Amazon.com: Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones: Electronics

Monkeyman, I'd wait until CanJam to buy. Surely they'll be a pair there somewhere. I'm actually curious to hear them again, with the pads not reversed this time. I'm not looking for more headphones, so, for me, it will strictly be a matter of seeing how far off my initial impressions were due on my own silliness in not checking to see what was wrong when it was clear something was wrong.

Monkeyman, I'd wait until CanJam to buy. Surely they'll be a pair there somewhere. I'm actually curious to hear them again, with the pads not reversed this time. I'm not looking for more headphones, so, for me, it will strictly be a matter of seeing how far off my initial impressions were due on my own silliness in not checking to see what was wrong when it was clear something was wrong.

You're totally right. No sense buying right now.

Hi boomana

I laughed when I read your 'pads on backwards' thread. I like my D2000 - maybe not the be-all, but they suit my cloth ears fine.

You did get me thinking about how they would sound with the pads reversed - so I did. Yep, they sound way different. No bass or highs, just mids - oh, and uncomfortable as all shit.

I have no idea whether wou will like the D2000 or D5000 next time, but they should sound quite different to the last time you heard them :)

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

So I recently sold my D2000s to a headfier. Smooth transaction, blah blah blah.

He gets the headphones and informs me I forgot to include the 1/4 adapter.

He informs me he would like to sell the headphones immediately, since they are 'not for him'. He needs the adapter to sell. All perfectly understandable.

My mistake.

I tell him I'll send it asap once located, or I will buy a replacement unit for him immediately.

He agrees.

I locate the unit, package it up and put stamps on the envelope. I inform him I will ship the next day (as this was late at night).

He informs me that he shouldn't have to wait to sell the headphones, so he'd rather send them back to me and get a full refund.

I agree, no problem (albeit with some eye-rolling on my part)

All thats been wasted so far is a few stamps and hours of my time and shipping costs.

I had many eager buyers on my original for sale ad on the other site, so its all cool.

He offers to pay return shipping.

But when I inform him I will send the refund after I receive the headphones back (duh), he insists I pay return shipping (wtf?). He points me to his feeback thread, in support of the opinion that I would be safe sending a full refund before getting the headphones back.

Upon reading his feedback thread, I notice that someone else either bought or sold a pair of D2000s to him. WTF? He told me they "aren't for him". Why would he buy them twice?

I think he basically changed his mind on the deal, found something better, and is trying to sucker me into a full refund because of it.

Whatever.

I politely agree to refund him whatever the shipping cost is, no questions asked.

We agree that I will send shipping refund as soon as he tells me how much it cost him to ship.

And now I dont hear back from him. :rant:

Guess he wasn't in as much of a hurry as he thought ::)

I want to wash my hands of this whole fucking thing, and just give him his money back, but now I have to wait in the dark till he responds.

I really think he's screwed me over in every way on this deal, but have kept quiet, as its not an argument worth battling for. I've got better shit to do than worry about a few hundred bucks. I just dont want him to leave me negative feedback, obviously.

I admit the mistake of excluding the 1/4" plug, but I made every attempt to resolve the situation asap, and now I have a feeling this is not going to end well.

Needless to say, I will never do business with this person again.

He's registered here, so I wont display his name.

Am I insane for thinking this is a load of horse shit? Or is this the norm for sales on headfi now? I've never had any other exchanges go like this. Not even close.

ugghhhh.

post feedback on HF for the guy. I wouldn't want to deal with him either.

Im worried that he will 'retaliate' if I do so though. :(

One things for sure: when i re-sell them, I'm deliberately going to have a fucking fire sale on them, just to piss him off. Im gonna sell them for at least $50 less than what he payed. :)

Thats the only passive aggressive why I can think of to get back at him :D

Im worried that he will 'retaliate' if I do so though. :(

One things for sure: when i re-sell them, I'm deliberately going to have a fucking fire sale on them, just to piss him off. Im gonna sell them for at least $50 less than what he payed. :)

Thats the only passive aggressive why I can think of to get back at him :D

You never know, I might be interested in taking advantage of that situation if it occurs. ;)

Only problem with shipping the adapter at this point is he may in fact have already shipped the headphones back, but not told me how much $ it cost him. I dont want to end up playing a back and forth mail game with him.

-------

Assuming he sends them back in proper condition, I will give everyone here a heads-up in advance, but I want to have the physical sale on the other site, so the proper people get to see the ad :)

I had a few people interested last time, that I had to say 'sorry, too late'. If they're still interested, they would also be given a heads-up. I almost want to give them away at this point, I'm so fed up with the whole thing.