Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

DC area is always borderline, so we won't know if we get any snow until tomorrow.  According to the weather guy on the radio, it depends how cold we can work down to, before the precipitation starts in the afternoon.

But because of what day it is (biggest driving day of the year), they're recommending everyone stay off the roads if they can, anyway, even if it's just rain.

A few miles outside Erickson.

Gotta love them Manitoba winters that start in late October. My wife is from Winnipeg. The coldest I've been was one Christmas standing at the corner of Portage and Main. As the song goes..."Portage and Main, 50 below". 

On a similar note, I actually met Randy Bachman in Polo Place at a Sam the Record Man about 22 years ago. Very nice guy!

Whoa, nasty crap Nate, glad you are prepared.  Heavy wet snow here, but not many inches yet, and we still have power (our wiring is underground, but we are very susceptible to lousy feeder grids).

We're supposed to be heading out early tomorrow morning to head to Long Island, hopefully all will be OK.

Stay warm, and good luck!

Gotta love them Manitoba winters that start in late October. My wife is from Winnipeg. The coldest I've been was one Christmas standing at the corner of Portage and Main. As the song goes..."Portage and Main, 50 below". 

On a similar note, I actually met Randy Bachman in Polo Place at a Sam the Record Man about 22 years ago. Very nice guy!

I'm pretty sure Burton Cummings still lives in Winnipeg.  I saw him around the River Heights area a few times when I lived in the city.

Where do you live?

-33C here this morning, and 5-10 cm of snow expected overnight tonight.

Edited by acidbasement

I'm pretty sure Burton Cummings still lives in Winnipeg.  I've saw him around the River Heights area a few times when I lived in the city.

Where do you live?

-33C here this morning, and 5-10 cm of snow expected overnight tonight.

My mother-in law lives right by the Burton Cummings Community Centre and he's given the odd concert there from time to time. Wow...-33'C is damn cold!

My wife and I live in southern Ontario...about 2'C here and no snow on the ground. We had a few inches, but that melted...we actually hit 18'C a few days ago.

Edited by Audiojunkie

• 1 month later...